Part thirty-four: warmth

"I have learned that there is more power in a good strong hug than in a thousand meaningful words."

- Ann Hood

Mix's teeth were chattering and goosebumps were covering his whole body as he tried to warm himself, wrapped in the blanket with a hot cup of tea in his hands, next to his favourite fireplace

Yes, he did build in fact a whole family of snowmen but during the process, his clothes gathered so much snow that they ended up being completely wet as if he was swimming in the lake rather than building snowmen. But it was fun, nevertheless. Especially that one moment...despite what Earth might think.

....

"Look, it's almost...ugh...almost there. Aaahh, here we go," Mix said as he after a few minutes of struggling managed to put the final snowball — the head of the two meters tall snowman — in its place. "Perfect," his smile proud, looking at his unfinished masterpiece.

Earth scanned the snowman next to him with his eyes, catching right at the first glance that the static of that giant snowman wasn't exactly the best. "Are you sure it will hold together? It doesn't look really stable—"

Before Earth could finish his words the freshly made head of the snowman tilted dangerously on one side somehow taking with itself also the torso of the snowmen. And before Earth or Mix could realize what was happening the snowman fell over right on Earth — or more like right through Earth- joining the snow back on the ground.

Earth blinked once, twice, his jaw clenched as he made two steps back away from the place of the vicious attack. "That's exactly what I was afraid of," he looked at Mix.

Mix stood there, both his hands clasped on his mouth as his initial gasp morphed into uncontrollable laughter. His hands left his mouth landing on his knees as he bend, still laughing, trying to not end up in the snow, himself. "Are you...are you alright?" Mix managed to ask between the laughter.

Earth was blankly looking at him, "you don't look like you care."

"I'm sorry, love, but you need to agree that that was pretty hilarious. That giant snowman just falling right on you, ehmm...through you. If you saw it from my perspective it would be funny, I swear."

"Okay, If it made you laugh. But for real, having you walking through me was enough. I really didn't need a giant snowman falling through me." Earth burst into laughter when he finished his words, "okay, I admit it sounds pretty funny when I'm saying it out loud."

"See, it was funny. Besides, I can't blame the snowman for falling for you. I can relate," Mix said, approaching Earth, with open arms.

"Hmmm, you can relate?" Earth asked with a cheeky grin.

"Uhmm, I can," Mix replied, cupping Earth's face and pecking his lips.

Earth brought Mix back to his arms for another kiss, feeling Mix shiver in his arms, "are you cold?" he asked.

Mix nodded, "actually, my clothes kinda feel like a freezer right now."

.....

"It's so cold," Mix said, still shivering despite the flames of the fire next to him being scorching hot.

"Yeah, snow usually is," Earth chuckled, sitting next to Mix, putting his arm around Mix's shoulder.

"I wanna build more snowmen tomorrow."

"We will, but you can't get sick again. Remember last time?" Earth sounded worried.

Mix shook his head, "I'll get warm soon and drink this tea. I'll be fine. Don't worry."

"I'll wait until tomorrow to see if I should be worried or not," Earth said, tugging the blanket around Mix even tighter, making sure his angel was warm enough.

Mix sighed in contentment, resting his head on Earth's shoulder, "you are the best boyfriend ever."

Earth smiled and kissed Mix's nape, "I'm glad to hear that I'm better than your ex."

Mix huffed, "you are a thousand times better than him. Million times, freaking infinity times better than that..."

Earth realized pretty quickly that he shouldn't start that topic, but it was too late now. He already made Mix upset. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have started this topic."

"No, it's alright. My ex is...he is just a piece of trash. That's what he is," Mix said his voice detached from any emotion besides resentment.

Earth could feel anger awaking in him. He held Mix a little bit tighter, his fingers bored deep into the blanket, "you don't need to talk about it."

Mix took a sip from his hot tea, about to spill some hot tea for Earth too, "we are dating now, you should know it. Besides, you told me about your ex. Well turns out our exes aren't that different."

"Don't tell me..." Earth started but he didn't even want to finish his own thought.

"Yup, he cheated on me, on top of treating me like trash for over a year."

"Mix—"

Mix turned in Earth's arms so they were facing each other, "It's alright. I promise I'm okay now. I have you, right?"

"You have me. You do," Earth whispered and pulled Mix into a tight hug, his lips caressing Mix's cheek. "I love you. You are the most precious part of me. You always will be."

Mix giggled, wrapping his arms around Earth's waist, "I told you, I'm okay. You don't need to be telling things like this to me now."

"But I mean it. Every single thing I said. You know I would never hurt you right?" Earth asked, part of him scared to hear the answer. Scared to entertain the possibility that Mix still wasn't fully trusting him.

Mix raised his head from Earth's shoulder, looking right at Earth, "of course I do. I wouldn't agree to the relationship with a ghost if I didn't fully trust you in the first place. Don't you think?"

Earth laughed a little, "Yeah, that makes sense."

Mix put his palm on Earth's cheek, his fingers travelling from Earth's nose to his lips, along the sides of the jawline, down to the neck, curling on the back, playing with his hair. "Earth, I love you. Yes, I still sometimes find it unreal that I'm in love with a ghost but you are exactly what I wished for after what happened with my ex. I wished for someone that I will have a special connection with. Someone that will be part of me and I'll be part of them. And we will grow together, be there for each other, always help each other. Love each other. And all of that I have found in you. So believe me, I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me, in any shape or form."

Earth's eyes held all fondness in the world and it all was for the younger boy in front of him, "I'm gonna say it now already; I wanna marry you one day."

Mix's heart skipped a beat, a shy smile decorated his beautiful face, "it's too soon for that, but I'm not saying no."

Earth grinned, pulling Mix into another tight hug. Mix was already warm. And that's when Earth realized.

He could feel the temperature again.

To be continued...

P.S. Darlingsss, do you have any TV series/dramas recommendations for me? Not like I have time to watch them now but once my semester is over I will have more time.😻