Part sixty-one: his personal world

"You are ice and fire the touch of you burns my hands like snow."

- Amy Lowell

"Careful, the door," Mix said as he was wrapped around Earth like a koala, waiting for Earth to finally enter their room so he could feel the solid floor under his feet again

"I know, angel," Earth chuckled, "I know every inch of this cabin even with closed eyes." As Earth was saying this, he skillfully closed the door behind them with his foot and gently put Mix on the bed.

Mix let out a small whine when Earth's arms left his body, making Earth lean back in and kiss the crown of Mix's head before patting it. "Didn't you want me to let go of you already downstairs? So why these disapproving sounds now?"

"I wanted you to put me down, I never said you can let go of me," Mix said, wrapping his hands around Earth's waist.

"Looks like someone is very clingy today," Earth said, letting Mix hug his waist, while his fingers were lightly dancing through Mix's hair.

"I'm clingy because I love you. Get used to it," Mix said, wrapping his hands around Earth even tighter.

"You are like a tiny kitten—so cute and fluffy," Earth bend down so he would be on the same level as Mix and gave him a peck. "Let's dress for the cold winter outside now, okay?"

Mix pouted, but let go of Earth and folded his legs under himself sitting on the bed, "talking about kittens," Mix's eyes started sparkling, "I think we should get one, or two or maybe three or—"

"Now, now, hold up right there, Mix," Earth said, one corner of his lips twitching into a smile. "I have nothing against getting cats, but maybe one at a time would be enough?"

"Two."

"Huh?"

"Two, so the one wouldn't be lonely," Mix said, looking pleadingly at Earth.

"Let's get two cats, then," Earth's smile went from a small one to embarrassingly wide when he saw Mix on the bed almost jumping from happiness.

"Thank you, I love you so much," Mix said, grinning.

Earth picked Mix's bag from the toilet table and give it to Mix, "love you too, but now it's time to go deliver a very important package to sheriff Anderson. No more distractions, we are on the mission."

"It's just a tiny flag," Mix laughed.

"That tiny flag can make a day of a young boy thousand times better. It's a precious thing," Earth said, taking out of the closet a long beige coat. "What about this one?" He asked, turning towards Mix.

"Okay, first of all—what a drama queen you are and second of all—no," Mix shook his head.

"Why not?" Earth looked at the coat, not seeing what could be wrong with it.