Part sixty-two: the rest of our lives

"I wonder what fool it was that first invented kissing."

- Jonathan Swift

🔞

The air was cold.

Mix could see his breath as he was heavily breathing, running away from Earth for a couple of minutes. Damn that snow, Mix was tired. He turned around seeing Earth with a huge grin less than a few steps away.

A blissful smile graced Mix's face as he spread his hands and threw himself in the snow, looking at the silver-blue sky.

"Got you," Earth said as he stopped next to Mix, looking down at him.

"Finally you came Mr Pirapat. I have been waiting for that piggyback ride for hours! I expect better customer service next time."

"Next time, hmm?" Earth raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, next time. Now help me up," Mix said, reaching with his hand towards Earth.

Earth easily helped Mix to stand up and then he turned around bending a little, "jump and hold on tight, Mr Sahaphap. Safety of our customers is our priority."

Mix excitedly hopped on Earth's back and wrapped his hands securely around Earth's neck.

"Comfy?" Earth asked before he started walking.

"Very," Mix said, putting his chin on Earth's shoulder and closing his eyes for a moment just to breathe in Earth's scent. "Is that my shampoo?"

"Who else's shampoo it would be?"

"Taking my stuff without asking me first—how rude."

"I'm asking when it's important."

"For example?"

Earth turned his head towards Mix so that he could look at him before saying, "can I take you?"

At first moment Mix wanted to hide his head in Earth's shoulder or change the topic but then he quickly dismissed it. This was exactly what he wanted—for Earth to take him—so why not just play along and hope for the best.

"What took you so long to ask?" Mix leaned in, kissing Earth's neck, bitting a little before letting his lips leave Earth's hot skin.

Earth turned away, his grip on Mix's thighs got tighter as he resumed walking—but this time a little bit faster—without any word.

"Don't get too tired, babe. We need you to have energy for later," Mix whispered, pressing another small kiss on Earth's neck. He could feel Earth's body tensing, hear Earth's breath getting faster, and Mix was sure it wasn't because of the walking or the piggyback.

Thank God the Ghost Cabin wasn't so far away—Mix could see the tip of its roof. He felt a tingling sensation in his stomach. Their day was about to get really interesting.