Part thirty-one: everything was blurry

"It is the passion that is in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness, it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it."

- Christian Nestell Bovee

The whole walk back to the cabin, Mix was way more interested in his hand in Earth's than in the actual steps that he was making, which resulted in him tripping embarrassingly many times, and in Earth chuckling and catching Mix every single time

"You know it isn't even an hour since we can touch and I already feel like your personal catcher. You don't need to be falling for me so hard," Earth winked as he was balancing Mix who just tripped over a fallen tree branch.

"Don't get too confident. I'm just not so familiar with the terrain around here, plus it's almost dark," Mix said, acting cool.

"Uhmm, okaaay," Earth started walking again, giving a light squeeze to Mix's hand and smiling when he felt Mix squeezing back.

After some more walking, the big shadowy silhouette of the Ghost Cabin appeared in front of them, welcoming them back to its wooden body. And Mix realized that the ghost by whom the Ghost Cabin was named was the ghost that was holding his hand — fingers long and tender interwind with Mix's smaller one.

Mix was holding hands with a ghost. Ha! Try to tell him something like that a few months ago; he would laugh in your face and call you crazy just for the sole fact that you thought that ghosts were real.

Mix wonders what would you tell him now if he said that he has this really strong urge to pull that ghost to him and kiss him...would you be the one laughing in his face and calling him crazy?

They walked up the stairs and Mix unlocked the door. Stepping in a little warmer air than the one outside welcomed them, tickling Mix's skin and making him shiver.

"I'll go light a fire," Earth said, loosening his grip on Mix's hand, just for Mix to tighten his own grip and pull Earth towards himself.

"Fire can wait," Mix said, standing dangerously close to the door and the only way out was halted by Earth. Mix didn't have a way to escape, and frankly — he wasn't looking for one.

Earth furrowed his eyebrow, "but you—"

"Kiss me," Mix breathed out, stepping even closer to Earth. He needed it, he needed Earth to kiss him. He had been waiting for this moment for too long.

Earth was taken aback for maybe a fraction of a second before his lips formed a smirk and his hands found their way to Mix's waist. "You want me to kiss you? How do you know ghosts can kiss?"

Mix's spirit fluttered down a bit, "they can't?"

"I didn't say that," Earth said with a playful voice, watching as Mix's face changed from disappointed to adorably annoyed.

Mix put his open palms on Earth's chest trying to push him away, "if you don't want to kiss me just say it. No need to make fun of me."

Earth pushed Mix backwards so Mix's body collided with the door. Earth's arms wrapped around Mix's waist, face only inches away from lips that waited so long to be kissed by him. "Kissing you is the only thing I can think about since I caught you on that rock," he whispered, his eyes travelling from dark eyes filled with anticipation, down to the rosy lips that he was going to finally taste on his own.