Part sixty: the new year's kiss

"Now a soft kiss - Aye, by that kiss, I vow an endless  bliss."

- John Keats

Waking up in the arms of your loved one is one of the most heart-warming feelings a person can ever experience

Waking up in the arms of your loved one is one of the most heart-warming feelings a person can ever experience. The way the warm feelings of their body spreads all over your own, the way their scent is the first thing your senses catch on, the way your heart feels secure in their presence, being held like the most precious thing in the world—all of this makes you feel loved like nothing else can.

Expect, Mix didn't feel like that when he woke up.

The place next to him was cold and empty—there was no sign of Earth anywhere in the room. Mix sat up and looked around once again as if on the second glance he would catch Earth standing next to the window or picking out clothes from the closet.

But when it didn't happen even on the third or fourth glance, Mix started to think about the worst. What if he really made everything up? What if Earth never returned back to him? What if Earth was really gone? What if—

Mix shook his head, closing his eyes. He shouldn't think like that. Earth was back. Everything that happened yesterday felt way too real for it to be only a product of his desperate imagination.

Mix's eyes were still closed when he heard the door open, followed by the most perfect sound that immediately scared away all Mix's worries and calmed his soul like nothing else could.

"Good morning. Good news, angel," Earth smiled as he walked into the room. "We have slept for fifteen hours. Well, at least you did. I woke up about na hour ago."

"Morning," Mix smiled back. Earth was really there with him. Mix could finally leave his worries behind and never look back. "Did you sleep well?"

Earth opened the window to get some fresh air in and sat next to Mix on the bed, "I haven't slept like this for over fifty-six years."

Mix giggled, "this would be called flirting but in your case, it's actually true."

"In my case, it's both," Earth winked.

"Oh, is it?"

"Yes," Earth theatrically nodded.

"Really? With that weakass wink, you just did?" Mix raised his eyebrow, stopping himself from smiling.

Earth smirked, "my weakass wink made you blush."

"I didn't."

"It did. You are blushiiiing, and," Earth tried Mix's temperature, "it's not from your fever. You seem to be okay now."

Mix indeed felt so much better than yesterday. Both in a physical and now when Earth was next to him, also emotional way. He wasn't feeling cold nor awfully hot and at the moment he was craving some good breakfast.