At home

_______
Mia

"Vinnie." I laughed when he trailed my neck with his tongue and his stubble grazed against my skin "It tickles." I tangled my fingers in his soft hair. He lifted his head to look at me "We should stop, before this gets out of hand." I warned him. He nodded and kissed my cheek. He laid down beside me.

"We can talk." I said "Okay. How are you doing?" he asked and propped himself on his elbow.
"I'm holding up" I said quietly "What do you mean?"

I took a deep breath "I was happy, living with my best friend, I had a job, I was going to study and all of a sudden... I'm in a mansion I don't have my cell phone, female company... I haven't left home alone for over a month, like to go for a walk alone. I no longer see people except if it's one of you. It's hard, ok? I almost died of poison. You know, I don't even know how I haven't even tried to run away, I'm stuck in a dream that isn't mine." I sighed. It's exhausting "I'm sorry." he said after a moment of silence.
"I want to tell you that it's okay, but I would be lying if I said that I don't want to have my life back" "I'm sorry, really" he put a strand of hair behind my ear.

He held my chin up and looked me in the eye "I don't want you to feel that way." he stroked my cheek
"This will change ok? I promise I will do my best to make you feel better."

I gave a weak smile, knowing he really wants me stay and make me feel okay and he does make me feel better but I can't stay here. This is not for me. This life, this danger, Vincent... is not for me.

"You know Jordan's girlfriend has a sister..."
He smiled "I think you would like to meet her, maybe."
He sat up and held my face with both hands. "She's kind of annoying sometimes but so are you, so you're perfect for each other." he winked "Pff" I slapped his shoulder lightly "I'm the annoying one? right." "Yeah." He smiled and kissed my forehead "Come here, princess." he pulled me into a hug "I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you" he whispered

"When can I meet her?" I asked and he tensed "Well, now thinking about it, she doesn't know about the mafia, plus I might have or might not have... slept with her. So maybe you shouldn't meet her." Is he testing me right now. I pulled away from the hug feeling like face like concrete "You're an ass." I frowned "I know." he snickered.

_______

"Hello people!" Jordan shouted "Sup?" Jett followed behind "Hey..." A blonde guy waved his hand.

"Hey Jack" Vinnie and Jacked tapped each other "Hi" I smiled "Jack this is Mia, Mia this is Jack."

He held out his hand and I shook hands with him
"I heard a lot from you." He smiled "Oh uh..."
I looked to the side and Vinnie was looking at the floor with no reaction, like thinking about something, he's kind of weird sometimes. I think he zoned out.  "Well... I don't know if I can say the same" I gave him an apologetic look "Yeah yeah whatever girls" Jordan interrupted
"What did you bring?" Vinnie motioned towards the white bag he was carrying.
Jett gave Vinnie a bag, he had candy and cards.
"Do you want us to stay?" Jordan asked while looking at Vinnie.

Vinnie looked at me questioning.
I want to enjoy the time I have alone with Vinnie, I don't know if it's the last time. "No need but thanks."

Vinnie smiled at me making my face heat up.

They left the room and I took the cards. "Ready to lose Hacker?" I smirked "You've got so much to learn if you think you beat me in this, Denver."

"We'll see."