Last breaths.

_____
Mia

I started looking for Bella, I have no idea where she is. I sought her out like an abandoned puppy. Until I was stopped
"Hi I'm Lindsay Prescott, nice to meet you" a lady in her forties stopped me, her hair was red and long with a hint of waves. I shook hands with her. Her smile made her eyes crinkle "I'm Mia Hacker, Nice to meet you" I smiled back. Her eyes widened with a hint of surprise "Ah the one who got away" she chuckled "I guess so" "You're so beautiful and sweet, Vincent is lucky you have patience with him" "It's not difficult, he is very good to me" I laughed and my eyes met his across the room. His expression dark, his eyes roamed on me and a twisted smirk formed on his lips. My god, what a handsome man. When I turned my attention back to her she was looking at me with a mischievous smile "I see so" She spoke referring to me looking at him "He is wonderful" I sighed

___________

I looked at the clock.
10:01
I'm already on the third door.
He's not here, the people around me are at a distance, in their conversations but I still feel like I'm being watched.
I try to hide it, because what wife would be wandering around a door instead of accompanying her husband? Me, apparently. My foot constantly taps the floor as I watch the 1 turn into a 2 on the clock.
10:02
Bella has left, and so have many of the other guests. At least they have a guaranteed life. It makes my blood scald. If anything happens to Vinnie I'll kill the person responsible with my bare hands- "Oh god." the breath got knocked out of my lungs with the sudden scare "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you, ma'am" The waiter said "Okay" I smiled "Is everything okay?" He looked me deep in the eyes and for a second my paranoid mind even thought he knew about the attack. I looked at the clock. Holy crap.
10:04
"No thanks, I'm fine" He smiled and nodded. I watched him go. My eyes went back to the clock. Attentively waiting for the four to become a five. Before I had a chance to see that happening someone tapped me on the waist. "let's go?" he whispered. Thank god he's here. "Yes" Vinnie opened the door and his hand guided me out.
There was a burgundy red car that I hadn't seen before. At least that was the color I saw in the dark. Clearly a sports car. "How come I have never seen this car?" I asked when he opened the door, he just smiled and winked at me. As soon as he got in the car his cell phone started ringing. He picked it up and answered.
His face grew more serious with every word he exchanged with the person on the other end of the call. "Shit" He hung up the call and the car "Vinnie?" I looked at him confused "I dropped the most important document in there. I need to get it." My eyes narrowed "No. There's no time" I said and looked at the clock.
10:09
"I have to, Mia. I'll be right back" I shook my head "No. Vinnie, please. Start the car. Let's get the fuck out of here" I looked at the clock again.
10:10
Too bad.
Too late.
"If I am not back by 10:13, get in the car and drive away." He was serious "No, not even if you threatened to kill me. I don't leave here without you" I said. He gave me the key "You leave. End of conversation." He opened the door and left. He ran to the door, the one we exited and I didn't see him anymore.
I bit my lip hard and the thought that this argument might have been our last washed me over with guilt.
The car was silent. Ahead of me was dark. I saw nothing but the shadows of the trees. I looked down at the clock.
10:12
Fuck Vinnie.
I couldn't help but let the tears run down my face. I could only hear my sobs in the car.
I forced myself to stay calm. I started to take a deep breath. Until I looked at the clock.
10:14
No.
It can not be.
1 minute late.
In one minute several bullets can fired. Pleople die in one minute. Anything could've happened to him in this minute. I started to sob. "Where are you, vincent?" I stared at the door. Waiting. Waiting for it to open and a vinnie to run to the car.

__________
Vinnie

"Hey man, you're back" My old associate shoots me grin
"Forgot something"
I smile back and start racing to the security office they have here. I don't walk up the stairs I fucking run.
In a few minutes a fucking attack will happen. Bombs. Guns. Deaths. I can't just make small talk. I get to the door and it's fucking locked. No time for this. Literally.
10:12
I shoot the doorlock and pray that I'll find those fucking papers. Once I open the door the room is empty. No sound in here. No sign of life. I open a drawer and thank fucking god for making those bastards leave the documents directly on top. This is too good to be true. Too lucky.
I grab them and waste no time racing down the stairs.
I started heading for the door.
10:14
Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.
I started running. I opened the door and the moment I thought It would close... A loud obnoxious sound pops my eardrums and all I hear is a fucking beep.
I get thrown by another force on the floor and... that was it.