Return

"Don't cry, he'll be fine."
she gave me a napkin. It's been a month and two days since the incedent, and Vinnie hasn't made any progress "Bel, it's been a month, that's past his due date to wake up" I sobbed, then my eyes averted to him again. He looks so helpless it makes me angry. He's not helpless, he's a strong and powerful man. That man lying on the hospital bed is not him. "You're overreacting, Mia" Bella sighed
"So?" I looked at her through tears with my voice calm "I have that right. He's a fucking vegetable Bella, you tell me that I'm overreacting when the person you're in love with falls in between life and death, alright?" Her face stilled and she just sighed.

I'm praying that he'll wake up, but even if he does, there's a big chance that he won't even remember me. He just won't recognize me. I've only known him for what a year? Year and a half? What if he forgets who he is? It's not impossible.
I try hopping for the best. I mean he's always told me that he knows me for longer than I do him.
I got up and left the room. I couldn't bear to see him like that, that's not Vinnie. It just isn't him. I got my jacket and my purse, ready to leave "Where are you going?" She asked "The flower shop." I said "Again? You've been going there a lot." she narrowed her eyes "I love flowers." I said in a low voice before marching over to the door.

She was right, I was spending so much time there, it almost felt dishonest to vinnie.
_________

"You think he won't remember you?" He stared at me with his sea colored eyes. "It's a possibility. I can't count on him remembering me." The bells over the door clanged on each other as an old woman entered "Good afternoon Mrs. Lee" Parker stood up from his stool. He was average tall, his brown hair shined before the sunlight "Hey there Parker, do you have any flowers?" She smiled "Yes, I do. 20 white roses coming up" he grinned. "Hi." I smiled and waved at her while he prepared her flowers "Hi, aren't you a pretty lady." She looked at me up and down "Thank you. " I gave her a warm smile.

"So here they are" He put a beautiful bouquet on the counter "That will be $26" She payed and before leaving she looked at him and said "You've got so many pretty flowers around here, give her some" she winked and left.

I just stared at her while she walked out "So people don't know" I said and turned to him "Better that way" He smiled "So..." I got up and started looking around "I'm thinking baby's-breath, they're so delicate" Just like him currently.
"What color?" he asked, I looked at him for a second, into his deep blue eyes "I love the color of your eyes" I smirked "I want something like that" he chuckled "You sound like Charlie" I started laughing "Sure I do."

He came out from behind the counter and got the flowers.

"You're so lucky" I said looking at him while he made the bouquet. He looked up at me through his eyelashes "Why?" He furrowed hi eyebrows "Because..." I looked up "You've got Charlie, he loves you, and every night, he's there for you. He sleeps with you... He answers you when you talk to him. I just want to have that back you know?" He inhaled deeply "Mia, it's just a matter of time. He'll get better." Everyone keeps telling me that. I'm sick if having to talk alone. I want Vinnie back. I miss him. I feel like I haven't seen him in a while. I see him every day and still, it's like he's not even here.

________
"Hey baby." I smiled and set the flowers next to him on a desk. "So... will today be the day you open those eyes?" I asked joking, but got no response in return. I was used to it. Which makes me even more sad, because I don't want to get used to dying Vinnie, I want to remember the living Vinnie, that took me on dates and did risky things with me, the one that danced with me at night to my favorite songs, the one that bought me my favourite ice cream to watch movies, the one that saved me whenever I needed him. I don't want to forget him. I won't.
"I'm sorry" A tear fell down from my face. "I should've been quicker. I shouldn't have let you go back in there. If I had stopped you-" I was caught off guard by a ridiculously loud sob "Maybe you would've been here now, living." I started crying more and laid my head on him while holding his hand "Please forgive me, baby."  I started crying harder, the air leaving my lungs, "Please." I rasped out while trying to gasp for air. My throat closed up, I couldn't get any air, my body started uncontrollably shaking and the feeling of drowning was back. Maybe this is my punishment for letting him almost die.

__________
Bella

"The third one this month" the doctor said.
I found Mia passed out next to Vinnie, she had another panick attack. "I think it's better if we put her under observation." If Vinnie were awake he'd do it, he'd be by her side 24/7. So I'm doing it for him. "I'll do it." I said "Great I'll tell you how you can handle this." so he proceeded to tell me everything I have to do. And it seems to me that Jett will be sleeping alone until Vinnie wakes up.

_________
Mia

"I can't ask you to do that" I told Bella "That's why I'm volunteering to do it, plus I know about the nightmares and the sleepless nights." "Well then I should warn you that I do something rather creepy, at least I wake up creeped out by it" "What?" "I sometimes sleepwalk, and I always go to vinnie. So sometimes I find myself in the dark sitting next to him and having conversations with him, of course in my head he always answers." I gave her a sad smile.

"I'm willing to put up with that." She smiled, I looked behind her, there he was, at least his body, not sure about his soul. She caught me looking and put her hand on mine "The doctor is hopeful, he said he might even hear you talk" She smiled, she seemed so genuine. "I just wish that he would open his eyes and wake up whenever I call his name. He never does it's like he's dead." My voice came out shaky "Oh Bella... I need him." I started crying again. "Hey he will wake up, okay?" she hugged me and I shook my head.
__________
The next day I woke up to people yelling and arguing. It was Jett and a familiar female voice, but it wasn't Bella, "Just fuck off!" that was Bella. I got downstairs and I couldn't possibly believe my eyes.
"Mia." she smiled "I missed you so much" she stepped closer to me but I stepped back. "What? You're not even going to say hello?" she looked at me blankly "Leave her alone she's got enough on her plate, she doesn't need you in her life." Bella was mad as she said that. Really mad. Somehow seeing Lia again, made me mad too. "Oh I heard, I'm so sorry about Vinnie."

"How do you...?" The words clogged up in my throat "Let's say Vinnie and I were really good Friends" she gave me a snake grin and turned to Jett "Can I see him or  what?" Jett's face described anger by itself. "No, you can make you're way out of that door." he pointed to the still open door. "Vinnie would want me here but if you want me to go out in the open?" she challenged and somehow that was enough for Jett to cave in. "Are you kidding me right now. Jett if you don't get her out of here. I swear to god I will rip her face-" Jett had to hold Bella back before she dismembered Lia.
I looked at her, still in shock. She seemed unbothered by the fact that Bella wanted to kill her. And maybe I wanted too, just for the fact that she knows Vinnie.

A/n: Alright I'm getting back in the game.