Promise ring

_________
Mia

"Good morning, my beautiful wife" I choked at his words.

Wife?

I stared  at the ring in shock

he is joking

Relief flushed in me and I laughed awkwardly while didn't show any reaction "This is a joke, right?"
I said rosing from his chest, his expression was serious "There's no reason to joke about our marriage." he said
Not joking. I did not agree to this "I'm sorry I think I missed the proposal. You know the part when I say if I want to?" I snapped "I know but it would be a waste of time." Those words stung. "A waste of time? Vinnie I can't marry you." I shook my head. I can't believe him. "Yes you can, and you will." he shrugged. "Vincent this is crazy. We aren't even dating." My eyes widened. How can he literally be laying down, calm with no care in the world. "Now we're engaged. It's like skipping third grade. We are that good." He smiled sarcastically "What if I don't want to marry you? What if I'm not ready?" I looked in his seeing that he wasn't bothered by this idea "As if, Mia." he tilted his head As if? I'm 23.

"Why are you rushing? It's too soon." "It's already late, and it's not like you hate me? If you don't already love me you got to at least like me very much, I know you do."

Yes, but I don't think I can marry him. "Vincent I'm sorry I can't." I said removing the ring "It's not already late, we're in our early 20's." I said calmly  "It is, I got less than 6 months." He said.
"Why?" I furrowed my eyes. What the hell is happening in six months.

"What do you think people are going to think about me, for dating a girl and being romantic and gentle with her, instead of marrying her and force her to have children with me to make sure our blood line in the mafia won't end, what do you think Mia? My brother luckely got out of this life, he's got nothing to do with the Contatto so there's just me. People already think I'm weaker because I chose to marry an outsider, so are you going to act like my wife for one night at a stupid party or do I need to get another woman to do it?"

Wait. Too much information. Children? Contatto? Wife acting? Another Woman?... Uhm ok wow that kind of hurts, the fact that I'm just a preference and he would replace me, hurts. "You'd replace me?" My voice came out raspy. "No, never-" He shook his head "I think that you made it very specific that you would get another woman to do it. To be your wife."
"I'm sorry I didn't mean that, It's stressful and I just need you, just you, I just want you to do it, nobody else I swear. Please just do me that favour, as my girlfriend." he held my face gently with both of his hands. "Your girlfiend? when did you even ask me to be yours?" I said upset "But you are mine." He rasped "I don't belong to you." I said getting up from his bed and putting on my shirt "You know what I'll just do it, I will act like your stupid wife."

It's going to be easier if I do it, and I also don't want another woman close to him.

I went to my room and locked myself in there, not to provoke him but to be alone with myself and think. I skipped lunch. And I kept thinking about everything that was going on. I've been being a little rude, I mean he surprises me and treats me well, and I treat him like he's nothing. Doing this favor is the minimum, but I'm still upset about the fact that he thought of taking another woman in my place.

Maybe I'm just a whore, to distract him in his spare time. I just don't think he would be that caring and loving with an entertainment. I hope to be more than that for him.

Ugh what has my life turned into? My parents don't even care about me, there's not a call they'v returned. Lia, has she completely abandoned me, or was it the other way around? I don't know, I never asked for this lifestyle... But if it wasn't all this I wouldn't have Vinnie.
but I miss Lia a lot, and the little gifts that my parents brought from other countries, they never coexisted with me but whenever they stayed at home for more than two days, it was just more cozy than being alone, or when they left me at my grandmothers in Portugal, these days I don't feel lonely lonely, I have Vinnie and Bella, and since Vinnie is so kind I should start repaying his kindness. Even though, lately he has been... stressed? But it's his job and I can't do anything for it, and yes, he literally put a ring on my finger without asking me but I won't loose him for a stupid mistake he did.