~CHAPTER 23~

~NEXT MONDAY~

~MINHO P.O.V.~

I woke up to my alarm, rolling out of bed and sighing. I headed towards the bathroom and looked at myself, I had eye bags and my hair was sticking out in different directions.

I managed to make myself look decent before I went downstairs for breakfast. Hyunjin was there, making pancakes for both of us.

"Why are you being productive so early in the morning?" I asked, sitting down, rubbing my eyes.

"To thank you for coming with Yeji and me on Saturday."

"So, based on that answer I'm assuming her date wasn't a serial killer ?" I asked, taking my first bite of pancakes.

He sat down in front of me, sighing.

"It's not funny, Minho." he took a bite of his pancakes as well, "but no, apparently he's not, but I still told her to be careful."

"Did it go well?"

Hyunjin chuckled.

"It barely lasted half an hour."

"What? How come?"

"Yeji called me after the date, she said, out of the blue the guy told her, and I quote, 'all my other girlfriends were crazy, and no one ever loved me, I'm glad to have found a girl like you,'"

I chuckled.

"That's classic pick-me boy behavior."

"For real, so she just got up and left."

"So, I had to get out of the comfort of my house, be a third weel to two quirky cousins with constant inside jokes, for a pick-me dude?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"And that's exactly why I made pancakes."

I nodded.

"Fair enough."

~FELIX P.O.V.~

I got up and put on a pair of sweats and a hoodie. I didn't feel like dressing up today, I didn't feel like doing anything. What hurts the most is that I couldn't be mad at them, we aren't dating, we're barely even friends, I can't go off on them in any way.

I got to school not bothering to wait for Sungie, I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I got myself to the workshop room and sat down to stretch. Soon after Minho and Hyunjin walked in, both of them sat down next to me.

"Hey Lixie," Hyunjin said.

I flashed a smile at them, but nothing more, I didn't feel like talking.

~MINHO P.O.V.~

Felix's behavior today was strange. He was called out by the teacher several times for being distracted. He didn't seem to be interested in the class at all and rolled his eyes when the teacher wasn't watching.

The workshop finished, and Hyunjin and I walked together to our next class, which was Spanish when we saw Felix in front of us walking with his head low, again very unlike him. Hyunjin and I looked at each other worriedly after we saw him barely acknowledge Jeongin when he said hi to him. Felix could be in a bad mood, but he looks like the type to do anything to avoid hurting anyone's feelings.

"Felix!" I called out.

He stopped walking but didn't turn around, waiting for us to catch up with him. Once we did he turned around and plastered a noticeable fake smile on his face.

"Why are you acting like this? It's not like you," I commented.

"I'm an introvert, and I'm exhausted, I guess I just don't have any social energy today."

"But it's barely the start of the day Lix, how can you be tired?" Hyunjin said, crossing his arms.

Felix rolled his eyes impatiently.

"I don't know, I just don't feel like talking to anyone today, so please stay away, if you keep pushing I'll snap at you, and I don't want to do that."

Both of us nodded.

"Oh, okay, we'll stay away, if you feel like talking, just say it, I guess."

He nodded and walked away.

"Do you believe him?" Hyunjin asked.

"He might be socially exhausted, but there is a reason behind that, and I can promise you it's not random, there's definitely something wrong with him."