~CHAPTER 31~

~FELIX P.O.V.~

I shut my eyes tightly, until it hurt, hoping I would wake up from this terrible nightmare. They knew, they had found out, and it wouldn't be difficult to put two and two together. But I didn't, instead I just heard them talking to each other in whispers.

"Damn it Minho, you can't start demanding answers like that, he doesn't trust us, just try to..." Hyunjin paused to find the right words to express himself, "be gentler, maybe? If not he'll just close himself up, and if something serious it going on we have to help him so it stops."

I heard someone sigh.

"You're right," Minho said, "it's just, seeing him like this... Nevermind, that's not important, just try to talk to him, you're better with this type of things."

I felt someone shake me.

"Lixie, can you open your eyes and sit up so we can talk to you properly, please?"

I sighed but did so, not because I wanted to talk, or maybe I did, I actually had no idea why I got up, knowing what that would bring me to, but I did.

I swallowed, trying to make the lump in my throat disappear, but it didn't.

"Lix," Minho started, putting a hand on my lower back to make sure I wouldn't roll over. I didn't need it, but I didn't shake it off, it was... Comforting, "I know that thing like this csn be very shameful and embarrassing to talk about, but if someone is hurting you, you have to reach out for help, you don't deserve it, no one does, you know that right? If something serious is going on, we can help you, we can be there for you and help you feel safe..."

They were willing to do something? Willing to stop my dad? Willing to help me, even if that meant alerting the authorities? They were willing to go that far? Just... for me?

I didn't understand why would someone do that for me, I wasn't worth that much. I couldn't wrap my head around it, I couldn't understand, but I was so desperate to do so. I was frustrated, so mentally exhausted, I just wanted everything to stop, make the world pause for a moment so I could catch my breath.

I broke down, thick sobs escaping my throat, and salty tears running down my face. I brought my knees up to my chest and hit my head in my arms, doing my best to try and feel safe.

"It's just too much," I said in between sobs, "too fast. I can't take it anymore, I'm so tired, I'm so exhausted, I-, just make him stop please. Make my dad stop please, I can't take it anymore, I want to disappear."

"Lix, Oh my God..." Hyunjin exclaimed.

"Lixie," Minho said, "is it okay if I hug you?"

I nodded and felt a pair of arms wrapping around me gently, as if I was to fragile I could break, and maybe I would, or maybe I already was.

We spent a few minutes like this, just doing our best to wrap our heads around what was happening, and to let me calm down.

Hyunjin got up, and so did Minho, pulling me on my feet as well. The talles grabbed both of my shoulders and turned me me toward him, he looked into my eyes and I looked back, finding comfort in the two brown orbs looking at me gently.

"We'll worry about your dad later, right now let's go see the nurse, you need to have your wrist checked out, it looks serious."