~CHAPTER 29~

~FRIDAY EVENING~

~FELIX P.O.V.~

"Hey, it's Jisung! I'm probably doing something amazing right now so I can't answer, but please leave a message after the beep... Or don't, nobody really does that nowadays anyway."

I sighed and threw my phone across my bed. I used my injured hand to do so and felt a sharp pain cramp my hand and forearm. I sighed, good thing it wasn't my writing hand, if not this would have been a real disaster.

Sat on my bed without anything distracting me I couldn't help but feel the heart pain deeply. It hurt me that my parents had so little respect for me that they would put their hands on me as soon as I got on their slightest nerves.

I jumped when I heard my phone ring, I stretched to grab it and the contact name slightly eased the pain in my chest.

"Jisungie <3"

"Hello, Ji!"

"Hey, Felix! Sorry, I couldn't answer your call earlier, I was out on a study date with Chan and Changbin in this new cafe they opened across the street. It was amazing! The coffee was so good, and everything had such a calm and warm aesthetic, it made you want to study... We were working on the new project for the workshop and we kind of lost track of time. Working with them is so amazing, we barely get into arguments and we understand ourselves perfectly... Oops sorry didn't mean to give you that rant! What were you calling for?"

I tried my best to laugh but it came out dry and sharp, fake.

"Don't worry about it, I love hearing you talk about what you like," I tried to make my voice sound firm and calm but it came out in a whisper, getting quieter as I ended the sentence.

Jisung, being my best friend, noticed my unusual tone of voice.

"Is everything okay Lix?"

"Yeah, I just won't be able to meet with you on Saturday, my parents have a business meeting and they want me to be there... so yeah..."

The scene I had lived earlier started replaying in my head as I said that, the indifference, the violence, the pain... all so normal yet so wrong.

"Did something happen?" The squirrel-like boy insisted, "did your dad do something to you?"

I tried to say something but nothing came out of my mouth, I tried to find the right words, unconsciously making myself responsible for what had happened.

"No, I-, it was my fault. I lost my balance and banged my wrist against the table. He didn't do anything to me. If I hadn't gotten up nothing of this would have happened, it was me who..."

"Felix, Lix! Just stop, breathe for a moment please, just try to take a deep breath for me, okay?"

I nodded even though he couldn't see me, and did as I was told.

"Good, I'm coming over to your house, open the window, I'm going to climb it. I'll be there in five."

I didn't have time to answer since he hung up on me.

Even when I didn't want to admit it, I needed help right now, and Jisung could be there to comfort me. I got up from my bed and opened my bedroom window, sitting aside it for the five minutes Jisung had said until I saw a slim body run down my back yard and climbing up until he entered my room.

I moved away from my window to give him space to enter my room. As soon as he did he took his coat off and hugged me tightly. I buried my face in the space between his neck and shoulder and sobbed.

"It's okay Felix, I'm here now, I won't let anything else happen to you..." He said, caressing the back of my head.

We stayed a few minutes like that until he brought us both to sit down on my bed.

"Did your father hurt you in any way?" He asked, looking at me worriedly.

I sighed and showed him my wrist. I couldn't lie to him, and there was no need to do so, Jisung would never judge me, and he was always there for me when I needed it.

It was the first time in a while I had seen my own wrist, as a matter of fact. It was swollen and red, purple bruises starting to form. My hand was paler than usual, with not enough blood flow going in because of my swollen wrist.

"Oh, Gosh, Lix this looks bad... This looks really bad, you have to go to the doctor, it looks broken or something, like serious!" Jisung exclaimed caressing my wrist gently as if it would break.

"I can't, not while I locked in this house during the weekend, we'll see what I can do during next week," he looked at me with pleading eyes, "I promise I will do something about it, I swear." He shook his head, unconvinced with what I had said, "look, I'm really not in the mood for this, can we just watch some movies, and you can stay over for the night? My parents almost never come up here at night, so you can just leave tomorrow morning. Please Jisung?"

He sighed and smiled.

"Fine, where's your laptop?"

"It's on the desk."

"Okay, I'll go get it, make yourself comfortable, and scooch over, so I can have some space as well."

Author's note:

Long chapter because I haven't written in this book for almost two months.

Sorry guys! I just didn't have any motivation to continue this story, but I have some ideas now so I will try to update weekly.

Thank you for reading! Stay safe!