~CHAPTER 39~

This is definitely NOT inspired by that one Heartstopper episode where they celebrate Charlie's birthday.

~FELIX P.O.V.~

At about 5 pm I opened the door to the arcade, happy to see that Hyunjin and Minho were already there. I smiled, and they smiled back.

"Hey, Felix!" Hyunjin greeted me.

"Hello, Hyungies!" I said, "how are you doing?"

"We're doing just fine," Minho said, "how about you?"

"Could be better, but I'm glad you could hang out with me today to help me distract myself a bit..."

"Do you," Minho hesitated to continue, "maybe want to talk about it?"

I shook my head.

"I'd rather just forget about it... at least for an afternoon."

"Okay cool," Hyunjin signaled the bar portion of the arcade, "do you want to drink something before we start playing? Our treat."

"Sure, but it's okay, I'll pay," I said, smiling as we started heading towards an empty table.

"No, Felix, you've been feeling like shit, no offense, so paying for your drink is the least we can do," Minho said as we sat down.

A young man came to take our orders shortly after. Minho asked for a soda, while Hyunjin and I went for smoothies, mine pineapple, and his strawberry.

They brought our orders and a plate with dehydrated fruit to snack on. As we ate we talked about how I was settling in, and more in-depth about how my uncle and auntie were behaving and how my room was.

They seem pleased with my answers, and relaxed to see me doing okay.

"We're happy that you are doing better Felix," Hyunjin said, "thank you for letting us help-"

"Oh my God Hyunjin!" a female voice squealed, making the three of us look up.

I recognized her immediately. She was the girl I had seen with Minho and Hyunjin in the park when I had a picnic with my friends. My mood dropped at the thought of thirdwealing. 

"Yeji!" Hyunjin squealed and got up from his chair to hug her.

I observed that behind Yeji there was a tall slim girl with a bunny-like smile. She seemed slightly confused, not sure how to approach the situation, kind of like me.

"Hey, Yeji," Minho responded, not bothering to get up, as she waved back.

Suddenly, Yeji set her siren eyes on me, her smile widening.

"And you must be Felix, right?"

I nodded.

"It's so great to finally meet you!" she squealed, opening her arms to embrace me. I got up to hug her, "Hyunjin has talked so much about you," she said patting my back. I blushed, why was Hyunjin talking to her about me?

"Okay," Hyunjin said, as we finished hugging, his cheeks slightly flushed at Yejis's comment, it was the first time I had seen him embarrassed, "Felix, meet my cousin, Yeji."

My heart swelled up with joy when those words came out of his mouth. Cousin? So they aren't dating? Meaning they might be single? Oh my Gosh! Wait! Felix, stop, remember what happened during the workshop... But they seem so nice to me now... Nah, they might just feel pitty for me. In a few weeks, after I'm settled in completely in the whole new situation, they'll probably forget all about me.

"Nice to meet you," I mumbled.

"Nice to meet you too!" she said, and then she grabbed the taller girl by her wrist to pull her forward, "this is Yuna, one of my closest friends! This is my cousin Hyunjin, and his friends Minho and Felix."

"Hi..." she said waving at us.

"Hello," we said the three of us at the same time.

"So what are you doing here," Yeji asked, "are you hanging out or like on a date?"

My eyes widened, Minho choked on his soda, and Hyunjin facepalmed. Date? The three of us? If Yeji brought that up so casually... did that maybe mean that Hyunjin and Minho had been in a polyamorous relationship before? And if she made that assumption about the three of us just because we're hanging out, does that mean Yeji might know something about them having romantic feelings for me?  What in the actual fuck is going on here?