~CHAPTER 44~

HYUNJIN P.O.V.

Felix and I were walking down the street, since he insisted on walking me home, stating that I needed all the company I could get. I didn't argue. Felix is like a ray of sunshine, but clouds and storms always overpower sunshine.

"Oh, Hyunjin! Long time, no see!"

Daniel. That voice made my blood freeze, and I felt those unbearable goosebumps make the hair on the back of my neck stand. Unconsciously, I moved closer to Felix, who seemed to have understood my demeanor.

"Hey Daniel," I answered, my voice uneasy, "sorry, but we don't have time to talk, it's quite late, and I don't want to worry anyone."

"Why?" he asked, stopping in front of us, so we had no way to walk past him, "I thought you didn't live with your parents anymore?" The air got stuck in my throat. How could he act like he had nothing to do with that? "How's your relationship with them? Last time we talked they didn't even want to be near you, "he shifted his attention to Felix, who looked absolutely mortified, "you mustn't know what I'm talking about. His parents are extremely homophobic, so they kicked him-"

"I don't want to know," Felix said, in a stern voice, making my tense muscles slightly relax, "it's not your story to tell, and I find it extremely rude and disrespectful that you try to do so."

Daniel snorted at his words, but Felix never backed down.

"Are you fucking serious-" Daniel didn't have time to finish when Minho came from behind us and pushed him away.

"Walk away Daniel, get the hell out of here," Minho said, and he did so.

Nothing had changed; I still wasn't over my parents, Daniel was still a coward to Minho, and I was still dependent on my best friend when it came to both of them, so pathetic.

Minho turned around and hugged me tightly, whispering apologies in my ear.

"I'm so sorry Jinnie, I shouldn't have said anything like that, it was unfair and it was using your insecurities against you. Please forgive me," Minho pleaded, and I forgave him, too fogged up by other things, other things that made that incident look so insignificant.

"I don't have a family," I sobbed, "everyone has some type of relatives who are there for them, but I have no one."

Minho broke the hug and looked me in the eyes.

"I know, and it must hurt so bad Jinnie. But you have me, and I think it's been proven that Felix is by your side as well," at this statement, Felix nodded with a smile, "and you are making new friends at school. We will help you through this, we promise."

Felix stepped in, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I know what you're going through Hyunjin, and we will make it, we will heal together. But you need to let me in," he looked at us, "both of you need to let me be there for you. I'm not gonna hurt you, I promise."