~CHAPTER 45~

AUTHOR'S P.O.V.

"Would you like to stay over, Felix?" Minho asked as the youngest walked them to their front door.

"Stay over? Like, stay over for the night?" Felix asked, surprised by the other's sudden hospitality, "I don't know, what happened seems very personal and I don't want to be overbearing... You don't have to warm up to me today... We can do this whenever you're ready."

"Actually I would like for you to stay... Your presence is comforting," Hyunjin spoke, looking into his eyes.

Felix smiled and felt warmth creep into his chest.

"Alright, I'll call my aunt, and if she agrees I'll stay over."

The three teenagers walked into the house, Felix stepping away to call over at his home. While the freckled boy spoke over the phone, Minho approached Hyunjin and set a soft hand on his upper arm, gaining his attention.

"I really am sorry for what I said, Hyunjin. I don't want you to forgive me just because. If you need some time to think, some time away from me, I'll have no problem accepting it and stepping away. You have the right to stay angry at me, to acknowledge your feelings..."

Hyunjin sighed.

"Minho... I-," his eyes watered as he avoided his best friend's worried gaze, "I was so scared... His words and yours started getting mixed up in my head, and it almost felt as if you were him. For a moment I thought you would be just like him, and I felt so betrayed," he took a deep breath, thanking Minho when he gave him a tissue for the tears running down his cheeks, "I need you to be more gentle with me. To try and understand that I am an emotional person, alright? I let my emotions guide me, and I need you to see that as something positive. Those who live with their logic in front of all suffer just as much as those who put their emotions first. They get hurt, in different ways and for different reasons, but they get hurt. I need you to accept that, please."

Minho nodded, taking in all the information, finally listening to his friend after what felt like way too long.

"Okay," he said finally, his voice quiet with shame, after realizing what a shitty friend he had been, "thank you for telling me all of this Hyunjin. I'll do my best to understand you from now on, and I am so sorry it took you me so long to listen to what you had to say. Can I give you a hug?"

Hyunjin nodded and Minho wrapped his arms tightly around the slightly taller boy. Hyunjin hid his face in the crook of Minho's neck, taking in the comforting scent of his best friend.

As the two boys leaned away from one another, the freckled boy came back into the room with a smile on his face.

"My aunt is kind of concerned with me not having a change of clothes to sleep in, but I told her you'd lend me some and she said yes. That's not a problem, right?"

Author's note:

I'M SO SORRY FOR DISAPPEARING AND WORRYING SOME OF YA'LL ABOUT WHETHER I WILL FINISH THIS BOOK OR NOT. DON'T WORRY I WILL! (it's actually close to ending).

So, this year I'm starting at a new school with new people and an incredible amount of homework and exams. I needed a whole term to adjust to what my life will be like from now on.

I've figured out how to organize my time to be able to write and do all my school stuff, but these next two years are crucial for my future, and if I don't do well my whole career plan is over, so I'm definitely going to prioritize.

Still, I'll do my best, and I hope you keep enjoying my writing. Thank you for being so patient with me.

Lots of love to you all <3