~CHAPTER 35~

~JISUNG P.O.V.~

We sat in the waiting area of the hospital, and Chan and Changbin were seated on each side of me. My head was resting on Changbin's shoulder and Chan had intertwined our hands, caressing mine with his thumb. Feeling safe, and with Chan gently massaging my hand, I felt my eyelids grow heavy.

Then, the police officer from earlier came into the room followed by a couple. The woman was tall and slim, looked deeply upset, and had a used tissue in her hand, which she kept dabbing on her nose and eyes. The man that followed her was about an inch or two shorter than her and slightly chubby, he had watery eyes and looked concerned about how the woman was taking the news that was given to them.

Mr. Williams, the police officer, signaled us to get up, and we did so, waiting for him to speak,

"Jisung, Chan, Changbin, I present to you Eric and Amalia Lee, Felix's uncle and aunt. They will be taking care of him, while the case is investigated, and if necessary, after their parents are convicted. Mr. and Mrs. Lee, these are Jisung, Chan, and Changbin," he said as he pointed to each of us, "Felix's friends and classmates. I'll leave you here to talk."

"Hello," Amalia said, smiling lightly, "feel free to take a seat again."

The three of us sat back down, and so did the couple, grabbing each other's hands.

"So, you're all Felix's friends?" Eric asked.

"Yeah," Changbin answered, "we're all in a friend group of eight, counting Felix, and Jisung is kind of his best friend."

"Oh, that's really nice," she said, flashing a smile, "could you tell us the name of the other friends and how the friend group came together? Just so, if Felix talks about any of you, we know who he's mentioning."

I nodded.

"So, Felix, Seungmin, and I knew each other because we are in the same year. Seungmin has a boyfriend, Jeongin, who also befriended us, and Changbin and Chan also joined in after the three of us started dating."

I paused after dropping the bomb, watching for any negative reactions.

"You three are dating?" she asked, we nodded, "you look lovely together.

"Thank you," Changbin said.

"We appreciate it," Chan said.

"So, as far as you've said, there's Felix, Seungmin, Jisung, Jeongin, Chan, and Changbin, but you said you are eight..." Eric said, counting with his fingers and sometimes struggling to remember the names (me every time I start staning a new kpop group).

"Yes, at the beginning of the school year, Felix met Minho and Hyunjin, they didn't quite start on the bright side, but after having to be in the same dance team for a workshop they got kind of close and they joined the friend group. That's pretty much it."

"Could you tell us a bit about what he's like? Just general traits, no need to get into detail," Eric asked.

"Sure," Chan said this time, "he's more of a quiet and introverted kid. He studies a lot and gets very good grades. He likes reading, especially mystery novels, and he enjoys music and singing. But his passion is dancing, it's what he loves doing the most in this world."

"That's great, thank you for telling us."

We kept making small talk until the doors opened, and we saw a very tired-looking Felix walking towards us, followed by Mrs. Ramírez.