~CHAPTER 33~

~JISUNG P.O.V.~

A kind-looking doctor came in and took Felix with her for the wrist injury and a check-up. The school nurse and I stayed there since social services and the police were coming to ask me some questions.

Soon after, a short chubby woman in a suit came in toward our direction, followed by a stern-looking police officer.

"Hello," she said, "I'm Mrs. Ramírez, and I'll be working on Mr. Lee's case," she looked at me "I would need to ask some questions to Mr. Sung, so you need to step away, please, "she said looking at the nurse, then she pointed to the police officer, "Mr. Williams will ask you some questions."

The curly-haired woman sat in front of me and smiled.

"Well, Jisung, are you aware of what's been going on in your friends private life?" I nodded, "would you mind explaining everything from your point of view?"

"Shouldn't you be asking Felix that?"

"Yes but, when abuse happens systematically, the victim might loose perspective on time, so it's difficult for them to tell when the abuse started, when it got worse and better, how it developed and so on. If you give us basic time stamps, it could help Felix give a much more concrete testimony, which would hep him get the justice he deserves."

"Oh, I get it," I swallowed hard and thought for a moment, I couldn't fuck this up, "well, his parents have always been strict with him, but not in a healthy way, if that even exists, but you know what I mean, right?" she nodded, "I'm not sure when the emotional abuse started, but he was young. The first time he mentioned it was in the fifth grade. He asked me if he was good enough of a friend, after I asked him why he would ask that he told me his parents had said that he had no real friends because he was so useless. The insults got worse throughout the years. He started to get flinchy around the beginning of the seventh grade, but he didn't show me his first bruise until the summer from seventh grade to eight grade. Sice then he has been completely transparent about how his parents treat him. He's showed me every bruise, and has told me every story behind them. I-" my voice cracked "I'm sorry I didn't to anything about it."

I broke down and hid my head in my arms as I started sobbing. I felt Mrs. Ramírez moved beside me.

"It's okay honey. Someone your age can't cope with this, it's normal that you didn't know how to help him except by listening to him. But now you can do something about it. You need to help Felix as much as you can to help him build up proof of what happened to him. And you are a perfect testimony if we ever have to go to court. You can make a big difference about it now, so keep your head up high, because your being a great help, okay?"

"Okay," I said shakily, taking the tissue she had offered me, drying my eyes and nose.

A nurse came in the waiting area and said that Mrs. Ramírez could go ahead and talk to Felix now. She smiled at me one last time before getting up and disappearing behind two white doors.

I sat there, lost in thought, before I heard some loud footsteps, someone was running towards the waiting area. Suddently I saw Changbin and Chan busting through the door. I got up as soon as I saw them.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked.

"Well," Changbin started, taking a second to catch his breath, "Hyunjin and Minho called; Minho called me and Hyunjin called him" Chan nodded, "said the school had found out about Felix's situation and said that you and the school nurse were taking him to the hospital."

"Minho and Hyunjin," Chan continued, "said we should check up on you because you looked quite stressed and overwhelmed with the whole situation, so here we are."

As soon as the finished talking I broke down in tears again and crashed into Chan's chest, as they both hugged me.