FOUR

[In case you missed it, there's been a double update today! Make sure to read it before reading this

[In case you missed it, there's been a double update today! Make sure to read it before reading this.]

❝Morality is simply the attitude, we adopt towards people we dislike.❞

— Oscar Wilde

"Can you shut up? I can choose an outfit for myself," I finally snap at her

Jude turns to face me, pouts and then shakes her head. "No. Nope. Not a chance. I already told you - I'll choose you an outfit and you choose mine. No arguments."

"And I already said no!" I protest as she assesses my tops. I'll admit that she had a good eye but I didn't need her to choose something for me to wear. I have enough sense to know what to wear.

"And I already said no arguments. Seriously, though, Harley, you seem like a loner. I'm giving you a little bit of help. You don't want to get through this year all alone. Trust me."

I roll my eyes. "I don't remember asking for your help. And what if I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to interact with people? What if I just want to be left all alone?"

"You're not the kind of person who wants to be left alone. I know that."

"How?"

"Gut feeling." She shrugs. "And before you say it - my gut feelings are usually right."

I don't reply to that. I don't know whether she's correct or not, honestly but I know there's no point in arguing with her now. "If I do this, will you shut up?"

"For some time, yes." Sighing, I walk towards her wardrobe and my eyes skim over the options. Behind me, I hear her chuckle but I don't say anything.

I chose a black oversized top with a vintage print on it along with a pair of light blue worn out shorts for her. She liked them, or maybe she pretended to like them. I couldn't tell whether the smile on her face was genuine or not. I picked the outfit she chose for me and went to the common bathroom for a change.

There are many girls here, getting dressed for the welcome party. I get a stall and quickly slip into my outfit. I stare at myself in the mirror, observing the fit. It is a cropped shirt with black and peach vertical stripes and a black skinny jeans. It is something simple and yet formal and elegant. I knew she had a good eye.