EIGHT

( double update today because it's @/infxnitestxrs's birthday

( double update today because it's @/infxnitestxrs's birthday. wattpad isnt letting me mention u </3 )

❝If you can't win, make the guy ahead of you break the record.❞

— Evan Esar

The day goes by in a rush

The day goes by in a rush. I sat with Jude and Ana for lunch, which made my head ache throughout the afternoon classes. Once the school day is done, I head back to my room immediately. I take a quick shower and change into my casual outfit. I'm wearing a black and gold coloured flannel shirt that's loose on me. My whole wardrobe is filled with shirts of all types.

Grabbing my phone, I walk out of the room. I don't get my bag, though, since I'm not really up to carrying it everywhere with me.

"Hey," Jude greets me. "Where're you going?"

"Cafeteria," I tell her. Before she has the time to say anything else, I walk past her and down the stairs as quickly as I can. On the way, I bump into someone I recognise almost instantly. Julian Lawrence. The one who's taken the place of the class representative since I refused.

"Sorry," he mutters and then looks up to face me. "Hey, you're-"

"Yes, I am," I say quickly.

He raises his eyebrows. His brown eyes rest on me for a few good moments before he chuckles and shakes his head. "So, you knew what I was going to say. Anyways, there's a get together in the common room tonight, actually. You should come."

Normally, I'd say something back but right now, I didn't really have the energy to have a long conversation with someone. "Sure. I'll try."

He flashes a small smile and walks past me quickly which makes me wonder whether he has something on his mind. Even though he has a kind face, it wouldn't turn out as a surprise to me if he does something that's not very kind in the future. A human brain works in ways that even humans themselves cannot comprehend.

I resumed walking. Outside, there are students talking to each other everywhere. I look around even though I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking at. After standing there for a good fifteen seconds or so, I walk out of Minerva and towards the cafeteria. There's no one really here right now since one of the counters is closed by now.