TWELVE

❝A body in movement is its philosophy

❝A body in movement is its philosophy.❞

— Nelly Mazloum

My hands are moving on their own

I'm intoxicated by my thoughts as they erupt inside me, syncing with the music that echoes in my brain. I'm doing what I'm supposed to and I can't think or breathe but everything seems too perfect to me. I'm doing a great job and I know it.

Every beat is a puzzle piece and every step is the proof that it's coming together to make a masterpiece.

It doesn't matter whether I'm standing on stage or I'm crammed in the studio looking at myself in the mirror and trying to correct every single detail I miss. I'm still the same. And if I know what I have to do, I can do it anywhere anytime and surprise people because that's my forte.

I don't have to be scared of failure. I've seen it's face a lot of times before and it's the reason I try to push myself to perfection even for a mere fifty seconds routine everyone would forget about.

Everything hurts.

But I savour the pain and look beyond it.

Within my thoughts is a bright line that stands out more than anything. I see it in my mind space and I know what I have to do. I have to reach for it and I know it's not easy. It's heavy and it tries to weigh me down but I trust myself enough to take a leap of faith, higher than anything, and reach for it.

When I cross it, that's when the void fades away and I feel lighter. It's over. The fifty seconds are done. Though I don't really remember what I did, I trust myself.

I'm breathing heavily, my eyes are focused on Valeria who's looking at me with a shocked expression. For a while, no one says anything and time fades away yet once again for me as I begin to observe the faces of the audience.

They're in awe. They're shocked. They're faces say that this is something they didn't expect what I did at all. If I could have an out of the body experience, I'd replay this moment to see how I look and why everyone feels the way they do.