THIRTY FIVE

It was no surprise when the results came out

Our group came on the top, with each of us gaining ten points. Sam's group came second and the fourth group had someone fall during the performance, giving them the last position. I remember their topic being 'A Heist In Las Vegas' and there was a stunt they were going to pull but one of them dropped one of the girls, resulting in a wrist sprain.

It was the only damage today. My elbow pain had somehow stopped by the end and it didn't return for a long time.

"Group one did a great job in creating their concept. Their performance is proof that you guys don't have to take the topic literally. By setting the environment in accordance with their title and coming up with a concept that can be related to it," Valeria had said, making Rhea squeal and jump on me, catching me off guard.

The other groups had scoffed and given her looks. There was a detailed discussion about every performance that happened today. By the time it was over, it was already seven in the evening. On my way back, I got another pack of strawberry snackbites. At this point, the lady behind the counter, whose name is Trina, now gives me a pack without me asking. Sometimes, when I catch her alone, she strikes up a random conversation with me.

I'm in my room now. It's about an hour after dinner time is over. I'm scrolling through my phone, reading the texts my parents and Zack and Carly have sent me. I only reply to Carly with a one word answer. There are many hate messages in my requests as well, some of them texting me with their assumptions. There's a single text that arrives after sometime, one that catches my attention.

@aesvnity: Why's your account private?

I don't realise I've been biting the inside of my cheek till now. It stings, the taste of blood apparent. I reach for my water bottle and drink half of it, the coldness of it making me feel good. Jude's in her side of the room, painting something bright on her canvas while listening to music so loud that even when she's wearing her headphones, I can hear the soft classic rock music.

@harleykingsley: I forgot it was.

@aesvnity: So you're making it public again?

I bite my lip at her question. After the accident, I didn't use social media much. Zack suggested that I keep it private so that the notifications are kept to a bare minimum. I even removed most of my followers, keeping them at one hundred and fifty seven only. My friend asking me that again makes me want to make it public again.

I've already archived the posts that have me with someone else, so it shouldn't be a problem if someone from school follows me. I don't follow many people either and since I've come to this school, I've barely accepted the requests of my classmates. Most of them are rotting in my requests.

@harleykingsley: Yeah.

It doesn't matter anyway. I do one last check in my settings, followers and following before seeing the posts one last time. Is there a tag I should be aware of? Is there something I should do before I make it public again? Once I'm sure that there's no problem in doing that, I go to the settings and make it public, making my follower count immediately rise up to six hundreds.