FIFTY THREE

a/n: for those of you who dont remember who julian is, he is the first year class president of calliope who was made the president after harley refused the position!!

also there has been a slight error - julian's full name is Julian Lawrence. i got confused and wrote it Julian Hayes somewhere so I'm sorry if this caused any confusion. i'll make sure to edit it in the next draft/when i edit the whole book :)

oh and once again, i don't know how many typos and errors there are since i havent edited this chapter yet so yeah

thank u <3

February 2021( One year ago )

February 2021
( One year ago )

"I made it."

Her voice was small and timid. Her hands were cold. Her eyes couldn't focus on any other words except for 'You have been accepted...'

She should be happy. She should be glad she made it into her dream school, she should be glad that she worked her way to one of the most prestigious schools in the entire world but she wasn't. All she could feel was the emptiness in the bottom of the stomach that was starting to be filled by the anxiety and panic and guilt and what-not.

She was about to collapse. She couldn't accept this-she shouldn't accept this. This was wrong. Unethical. She didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve this at all.

I'm sorry, mom, she thought to herself as a tear rolled down her cheek. She felt a hand on her shoulder and she flinched. She let out a sigh when she saw that it was her foster brother, Mike, standing behind her, a sly smile on his face.

"Relax, Cammy, why do you look so tense?" He reached forward for the acceptance letter and she let him take it, still in partial shock and surprise. "You're crying about being accepted? Those better be tears of happiness."

"That's some dumb shit right there," whistled Van, one of her brother's friend. His curly blond hair was tied in a pony, an unlit cigarette in his mouth as he looked for a lighter. He paused for a moment and looked her dead in the eye. "If you're going to be such a chicken about getting into your dream school the dirty way, maybe you should rethink your entire life. You've done this so many times. What's different now?"

"It's illegal," she muttered.

Van scoffed. "Illegal when you got what you wanted?" He leaned forward, grabbing her wrist and making her sit on the centre table. "Listen to me, Cammy. There's no point in backing out now. We all know what you did and we all know you're never going to do this for anyone because you're gonna be at a boarding school now. Only the three of us know, alright? And by the time this news will even be out, you'd have graduated and be doing something you actually wanted instead of rotting somewhere and selling weed like me. You get me?"