FORTY

Everything happens smoothly after that

Everything happens smoothly after that. Summer cuts the cake in the hall, gets her pictures clicked, then has dinner with us in a separate room. I don't eat much since I'm not that hungry, though I do have desert more than once. After that, we're all back in the room and begin to play never have I ever. Alcohol was optional but I wanted it to get my mind clear so I took more and more of it, surprisingly almost everyone.

We play seven minutes in heaven - I end up in a small area with two people twice. Once with Ella, who's actually pretty fun to talk to and the other time with Sean, who's probably the most awkward person I've met. Penny falls asleep a little before midnight on the single bed in the room, her snores making us all laugh. We were still drunk a lot - no one would really remember anything tomorrow or so I hope.

I don't remember what happens after that but I wake up with a headache in the same room we were playing in. There aren't many people around here but I realise that I'm next to Penny, who's holding my hand as she sleeps. I slip away from her, careful not to wake her up because she's probably tired. My eyes go around the room and I find Lily sleeping on the couch and Rhea sitting up with her eyes closed, her head leaning against the armrest.

She didn't drink much yesterday - in fact, she had only tried a few sips. It's understandable why she's tired, though we did play a lot yesterday. I don't remember what else they did after I had passed out which is quite obvious.

"Rhea?" I whisper once I'm next to her. I try to shake her awake but she doesn't wake up. She's deep in her sleep. I have no idea when she slept but since she's resting, I have no option but to let her.

"She just slept like half an hour ago," I hear a hoarse voice say with a yawn. Lily shifts off the couch, her voice drowsy and eyes sleepy and tired and set on me. She never smiles when she's looking at me. There's also a slight redness around her eyes, which makes me think just how long she stayed up and drinked. "Don't wake her up."

I sigh, standing straight and yawning.

Lily looks at me with a quizzical look. "You gonna sleep again?" she asks me. When I shake my head, she lifts herself up and walks towards the bed, flopping herself next to Penny and letting out a relaxed sigh. "Shift your girl to the couch if you can. Leave if you want to. Nate, Reece and Asher are up already. Ask one of them to drop you off." Her voice trails off and I almost think that she's done speaking when she speaks again. "I'll drop your friends when I'm up if you're worried about that."

I pick Rhea up with as much energy I can muster and with a groan, make her lie down on the couch. She adjusts to it and shifts before I hear her soft snores. I take out my phone, hoping that it's still charged and thankfully, it is. There are a lot of messages from people, including Austin and Zack, whom I just choose to ignore for a while.

I walk out of the room, closing it such that it makes the minimum sound possible. There are a few workers walking around with trays, maybe for people who haven't slept yet. I check the time, it's just a little after five in the morning. Did the guys not sleep at all? Shrugging it off, I open my phone again, seeing the most recent text. It was sent about twenty minutes ago and it's from Nate.