FORTY FOUR

Chapter Forty Four

There are three things that is going around in school today. The first one is the fight between Cammy and Lily, both of whom were called by an announcement to Miss Roma's office. From what I've heard, Cammy has suffered from a few major injuries including a broken nose. Despite that, they are both suspended for a whole week and have to participate in community service before they can return for school and their programs.

The second thing is the thing between Iris and I. As I had suspected, Luis and Iris couldn't keep their mouths shut at all. Now, most of the students are aware of what I'd said. Though the point of it remained the same, there were statements that were way too exaggerated than what I had originally said, some of them even saying that I threatened her.

The third and the last thing is the arrival of recent graduates of Redville - Gabriel, Diego, Clara and Isaac. I can see some of the students around them freak out and point out how hot Diego Matias is, something that I agreed upon with the others. I only saw him once when he was making his way to the student council building with Clara by his side.

Right now, I'm sitting on the steps of the dorm complex for some reason, scrolling through my Instagram. I've already crossed a thousand followers somehow - half the school is now following me and I have so many message requests that makes me feel like I'm some popular person for a good reason. But even I'm aware that I'm popular because of the sudden rumour I spread about myself and the sudden interaction I've been having with Summer.

"Hey," I hear someone next to me. I look up to find Atlas Elias, who is still maintaining his spot under the top ten.

"Hi," I say, looking back at my phone. "What's up?"

He sits down next to me with a sigh. I close my phone, indicating to him that he has my partial, if not full attention. "Nothing. I realised I haven't really talked to you much like I have with Ana and Rhett. You don't seem like a social person though."

I scoff. "I don't really like to talk much unless someone else starts the conversation. Besides, small talks are annoying as fuck and I don't have any business with many people around here." He chuckles, shaking his head. "And if someone has anything to do with me, they approach in the most hostile way possible."

"Yeah, well, you are quite popular around here." He leans back on his palms, looking up. He's wearing shades of brown, and now that I think about it, every time I've seen him outside the school, he's wearing some calm colour that defines his vibe. His vibe and energy is evven calmer than Ana which makes me think why he even came to a place with such a hostile environment in the first place.

"So, why did you want to talk to me?" I ask him after we sit silently for about half a minute.

He lets out a small breath. "I heard about the whole Iris thing. You know she's Rhett's girl?"

My eyes literally go wide when I hear that. I turn to him raising my eyebrows in disbelief but he's not exactly looking at me. I didn't expect this. Rhett and Iris? That's literally the last thing I expected to happen and the most ridiculous thing I've heard today. I thought he'd have a better taste in girls. Instead his choice turns out to be the worst girl I've come across during my time here.

"By the looks of it, you didn't know about that," he laughs.

"Rhett and Iris? I need a fucking moment to catch up," I mutter under my breath.

"That was the exact reaction I had." He leans forward, a smile on his lips. "They've been dating for a little over a week, I guess? And Rhett isn't happy about his new girlfriend being harassed by you."