SEVENTEEN

❝Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people

❝Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.❞

— Socrates

It's seven in the morning and I'm early again

It's seven in the morning and I'm early again. Though the gates of the school had been opened, there was no one around. School didn't start till seven forty five. I sit on the ground with my legs crossed, scrolling through my phone. My last text to the person I'm here to meet was left on seen but I'm sure he'd come.

It took me a total of two days to get fed up with keeping my uniform proper. Now, my shirt is tucked out and my sleeves are rolled up. None of the teachers say anything about it as long as you're in your school uniform.

I close my phone and lean my head against the wall. He would be here any moment now. I'm sure he would be. I'm-

"You're here early," I say as I hear the sound of footsteps growing louder. From the corner of my eyes, I spot Sam.

"I hate you for this," he mutters. I get up, adjusting my skirt.

"You agreed to this. Don't complain."

"I didn't agree to anything. You forced me into this."

"Did I, now?" I raise my eyebrows and he sighs.

"Come on, let's get it over with. I didn't wake up this early to blame you for all this."

"At least you have some sense," I mutter and he shoots me an annoyed glance which I shrug off immediately. The two of us enter the school together. The purpose of coming early was to get a look at the vent walls before the teachers noticed them. There were only two periods of the day where a person could write something up on there - either early in the morning or late at night. They were both risky but people snuck in anyways.

"Why are you so invested in finding that wall? Trust me, it's nothing good," Sam says to me.

"Just show me where it is."

He starts to walk down the stairs and I stop, not sure whether to follow him or not. He pauses and glances over his shoulders to see whether I'm coming or not. When he notices that I'm not, he turns to face me completely with a defeated look on his face. "Look, I promise I'm not a creep. You standing there and wasting your time is just making me regret waking up early in the first place. Just get over this."