THIRTY SIX

Saturday morning, things take a hilarious and frustrating turn

While waiting for Valeria in the studio, half the students were excited about the duo that we were going to be assigned. Till now, chits were picked to make the groups by the choreographers. But when Valeria entered the room, she bursted everyone's bubble, showing that no one can ever depend on luck. The twist this time was that she would be announcing the pairs and each pair would pick out the chit that would have the choreographers name.

The choreography would depend on the person whose name we'll pick out. They're all our seniors who've been excellent and may be pursuing something related to that.

However, the real shock came when Valeria began to announce the groups.

"Harley Kingsley and Iris Hart," she said, looking up and expecting us to step forward. There was an audible gasp amongst the students. Pairing up the top student of the program with a student who's been at the bottom since the beginning? There was a pattern in the pairs - they were pairing up the students with contrasting styles and skills but the case with Iris and I went way beyond that. "Step forward and pick the chits."

Iris and I stepped forward. I looked at her but she didn't throw a single glance at me. She went to the first box with the choreographers while I was the one who drew the chit for the topic. Opening it, I read the words once before crumbling it in my hands once.

You're both lost and want to be found.

I wondered whether these topics would get worse every time. Iris looked up at me and threw the chit to me, which is in a crumbled state as well. I throw her mine and she catches it at once, opening it to read the words which I recognise the name of our choreographer.

Mason Williams.

From what I remembered, Mason Williams was a member of Red Primas. With a sigh, I looked up at Iris and she was looking at me with uncertainty, as if asking me something with just her eyes. Before I could figure out what it was, Valeria cleared her throat and asked us to go to the next room and call out his name. We could either just end at introductions today or we could go to the reception and take a small studio for practice.

That's how I ended up here right now.

I'm with Iris out in the field. Mason's sitting in front of us, scrolling through his phone. He's a tall guy with a muscular build and olive skin. His eyes are a bright blue in colour and his face is relaxed as he scrolled through the phone. When he had said that we shouldn't waste our time in the studio and instead just choose a song and concept out in the open, Iris seemed visibly shaken and bothered by it.

"Why do we have to go outside? It's so sunny right now," she complained and Mason did his best to make her calm down before he got annoyed and practically dragged her out here, saying that he didn't care about how it messed up with her skin care schedule. After that, she shut her mouth and has been quiet since.