NINE

( there's been a double update today in case you missed it

( there's been a double update today in case you missed it. )

❝Being alone is not synonymous with being lonely.❞

— Horikita Suzune, from Classroom of the Elite

After my encounter with Red, I roamed around the campus

After my encounter with Red, I roamed around the campus. I'd remembered how she had described the place to me in her diary and because of that, I wasn't bored as I walked around all alone. It didn't feel like I was alone, though, because I was lost in my thoughts for a long time before I realised that I'd be late for the get together thing.

When I reach back in the dorms, I enter the common room. The moment I opened the door, everyone except a few set their eyes on me. The room is almost full, with almost all the people sitting in different corners of the place.

"Hey Harley." Jude is the first one to greet me. Her voice is cheerful as usual. She's sitting between Tyreesha and Ciara - I recognise them since I had done a pretty good job at memorising names of people around me during the introductions in the homeroom.

"Hey," I say, my voice flat because I don't know why we're gathered here or whether I should be happy about it or not. I spot the only empty place in the corner and walk over there, sitting there right next to Elliot.

"Why am I next to you again?" He breathes.

"Shut up."

He spares me a glance. "You really like saying shut up, don't you?"

I choose to ignore his statement and lean back, folding my arms. I start to listen to everyone's conversations.

"Hey, by the way, Julian. Congratulations on being the representative," one of the girls, Maia, says excitedly. "You'd do a really great job."

"Yeah," Aaron agrees, though there's a hint of jealousy in voice since Julian is gathering a lot of attention from the girls. "Aw, man, I wish I was the leader, though. I'd get to talk to the Ana girl, then."

"Okay, hold up," Tyreesha laughs, "No. You actually have to score for that, Aaron. And by the way, you don't need to be a scorer to talk to a girl, remember?"