SEVEN

❝Is that coincidence or is that fate? Sometimes, these things happens

❝Is that coincidence or is that fate? Sometimes, these things happens.❞

— Ernest Hunter

"Harley, could you come up here for a second?" Kal calls out as the class had started to disperse for physical education

"Harley, could you come up here for a second?" Kal calls out as the class had started to disperse for physical education. I walk up and stand in front of them while they take out a sheet of paper and push it towards me. "The top four scorers are the leaders of their classes. I need your sign here to make your representation as the class leader official."

I bite my lip and read the paper once. I keep it back while Kal looks at me with curiosity. "I'm sorry... but am I allowed to refuse it?"

"You can but may I know the reason why?"

"I don't think I'm fit for a leadership role," I tell them.

Hearing this, they lean forward. It is clear that my statement piqued their interest. "You're not fit for a leadership role? What do you mean? Do you really know of your abilities that well?"

I don't say anything.

"You have to answer that, Harley."

"Yes, I am," I honestly admit. "I personally think that being a leader comes with sacrifices that I'm not ready to make yet."

They don't seem very convinced with my answer but nod anyway. "In that case, I'll ask Julian Lawrence to sign in instead. Oh, and just so you know, representatives cannot be changed for a whole academic year and in case they're to be changed, there needs to be a mutual agreement with the whole class."

"I understand. Thank you."

With that, I leave the room and head towards the gym. The first year changing room was spacious and filled with girls at the moment who were wearing the school issued gym clothes. I change into mine. It's a plain blue t-shirt and a pair of trousers of a darker shade. They were given to us along with our uniforms - I just didn't know we'd be wearing them this early.

We're all asked to line up outside after that. There are other students outside wearing the same uniforms as ours. They're the second and third years of Calliope, I realise, after I recognise some of them to be the people who dragged Asher away from me. I see some of them throw glances at me but I don't bother to match their gaze.