TWENTY FIVE

❝It is better to change an opinion than to persist in a wrong one

❝It is better to change an opinion than to persist in a wrong one.❞

— Socrates

I didn't sleep at all last night

It's a part of the reason why I'm half dead right now. Yesterday was tiring enough for me and since I couldn't sleep, I passed my time by finishing the assignments that were given to us. We had to submit them by Monday, but it looked like I was almost with everything. By the time I completed them, it was already four in the morning. I could hear Jude's light snores as I lay on the bed, debating whether to sort out Cammy's situation by risking everything or just letting it be.

I ended up deciding it by a simple coin toss - the result was ridiculous.

"Fuck it," I had said before texting an old friend of mine at five. I knew she wouldn't reply to me right away and even if she would, it would take me even more time to come up with a reply for her. I can't face her after what I did but she had said that I can call her anytime if I needed a favour.

In the morning, I leave before the others do. I make my way to the dance studio slowly. It's open when I reach there and I hear someone humming inside the room. Recognising the voice, I open the door and the sound stops. Valeria turns to face me and her blank expression is instantly taken by a smile. My eyes go to a box-like thing wrapped in red wrapping paper. She follows my eyes and reaches for the gift, grabbing it and walking behind the table to put it back on the desk.

"It was from a student," she says without looking up. Her voice is calm right now and she seems like a different, more relaxed person like this. "She got expelled last year. She'd have been in the third year if she was still here but I was fond of her. She gave me this before she left."

I nod, wondering why she even bothered with the explanation even when I'd said nothing to her. "Why did she get expelled?" I ask her.

She smiles, shaking her head. "She simply didn't live up to the expectations of this school." She looks up at me. "Anyways, why are you here? Most students wouldn't even bother to come here at six in the morning. Did you even sleep? Because you look dead right now."