THIRTEEN

❝A man is a lion for his own cause

❝A man is a lion for his own cause.❞

— Scottish Proverb

I've never been more annoyed before

It's been two days since the evaluation. On Saturday morning, Valeria divided us all into two groups for the weekly evaluation next Friday. Our group choreographer is Emma Lane but she's insisted that everyone call her Line. It's stupid but I'd be dumb to say that Line doesn't suit her. The chit she got had a single word written on it.

Spring.

It's the topic given to our group for our performance. Line didn't call for practice on Sunday. On the groupchat, she said that it's because she's 'brainstorming' ideas. Surprisingly, everyone refused to say anything to her. No one offered her help. No one even asked her about what she's thinking. I couldn't be more bored about the situation.

Our group of ten has students from all the houses. Leo and I are from Calliope, Zia and Freva are from Clio, Zed and Remi from Euterpe, and Line, Akira and Sam from Melpomene. I don't know how everything's going to go down. I hope nothing goes wrong but the pace things are happening, I'm sure Line would be able to actually come up with something.

It's Monday today and by now, the academic competition between Red and me has been announced in unofficial group chats and people are actually excited for the top two of the first years to go against each other. I'm not looking forward to it.

"Hey," I hear Leo's voice as he approaches me five minutes before the homeroom begins. "Did Line contact you because if she hasn't come up with anything, I'm going to kill her."

"By all means, go ahead and kill her. She hasn't said anything at all," I tell him without looking up from my notepad where I'm writing something.

"This is getting frustrating," he mutters as he seats himself in Hayette's place.

"Tell me about it."

"At least you guys don't have to listen to ugly music that only hurts your ears all the time," Elliot says. He's reading a book again. I've seen this guy hold a new book everyday that makes me wonder whether he just carries one for show. "Trust me, you guys doing nothing is way better than me getting my ears damaged."