TWENTY FOUR

❝Most people are other people

❝Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.❞

— Oscar Wilde

Athena is an empty building that opens at six and closes at seven

I've never really understood why a building like this stands here but Kal had told us all that it's for some certain special activities we'd have to do later in the year. I've been inside it twice during the first week when I was exploring the campus and there's nothing special in there if I don't count the couple I found making out in one of the rooms.

That being said, it's probably one of the best spots to bunk a class.

Nate is already there when I reach there. He's leaning against the wall, wearing a loose black shirt and grey sweatpants. His brown hair is a mess and his face holds a neutral expression. He's looking down with his hands in his pockets, probably waiting for me.

"You're late," he says. His voice is surprisingly cold and amused at the same time. He looks up, his dark eyes resting at my face. Though they don't exactly resemble each other, once you get to know that they're brothers, you can point out that their hair and jawlines are similar. "Harley, right? You know who I am?"

"Nathan Andrews. Student council member. Third year dance student. The best friend of Asher Hale. Am I right?" I say without thinking. He probably knows a lot about me as well, just not enough.

He smiles, letting his dimples show. "I see you've done your research," he mutters. He then notices my outfit and bag. "Were you still at practice? It's like almost ten. That's hella late."

"We got into a bit of trouble, that's it," I assure him and he smirks, finally standing straight and walking towards me. He stops just two small steps away from me and I'm genuinely not in the mood to put up with this. Meeting him right after his brother telling me things about him is difficult, even for me.

"What kind of trouble?"

I raise my eyebrows. "I don't see how any of it your business, Nate."

"Right." He laughs and turns around. "Sit," he tells me and gestures towards the bench near us. He proceeds to walk towards it and sits down, then looks at me. With a small inaudible sigh, I walk to him and sit next to him.