THIRTY EIGHT

We're sitting at the centre of the room where a table has been set

We're sitting at the centre of the room where a table has been set. I have my legs crossed and I'm leaning on my palms with my eyes set at him. There are two beer bottles on the table and nothing else.

The others are surrounding us all. The moment Asher had suggested a bet, Rhea and Ryker were the first ones to jump and ask me to stop. Their major arguments were that we're underage and that I shouldn't be drinking. They stopped in just two minutes when Sean and Cammy had set the table for us.

Summer sits on the bed with Penny while Lily is standing in front of us with a bored look on her face. "What are the two of you betting on?" Lily asks us.

"Uh, let's see," Asher speaks, his eyes never leaving mine, "Money isn't cool. How about we simply put it like the one who loses would owe the winner one."

I shrug at the offer. "Sounds cool to me."

"Okay," Lily says. She leans down with the bottle opener to open up both the bottles one by one. She stands up straighter when she's done and begins to countdown. The two of us hold our bottles and the moment Lily says one, I put the bottle to my mouth and begin to drink.

It's cold, I think. The bittersweet taste invades my taste buds and the fact that it is freezing doesn't help me at all. I take gulps as calmly as I can, the fuzzy feeling immediately rising in my stomach but I don't stop. My eyes meet Asher's who's looking at me too. Even though he's not smiling right now, his eyes tell me everything I want to know.

I'm winning, he says, you'll be owing me.

As expected, Asher's the one who wins. I finish just two seconds later and keep the bottle on the table, breathing heavily and slightly wiping my face.

"You're good," Asher says with a smirk. "I didn't expect you to be that quick."

I smile. "Thank you," I say.

"You owe me now, by the way."

"Yeah, I owe you one."

Summer claps her hands then. All eyes go to her as she stands up. "We're gonna go play something now."

I see Nate whisper something to her before leaving the room. Summer suggests that we play seven minutes in heaven and never have I ever, the two games I'm not really fond of.

My phone vibrates. I take it out of my pocket and my expression changes into an annoyed one. I open the message from my notifications.

Unknown: Meet me outside rn.

I feel my heart drum with anxiety as I recognise the number. I purposely leave the person on read but he sends me a message again, making me internally groan and facepalm myself in frustration as I type in a reply.

Unknown: If you don't come here right now and I'll storm in where you're sitting and drag you out here to talk so please don't test my patience for once or you'll fucking regret it.