THIRTY THREE

On Tuesday, things begin to change among the first year students

The groups were formed. For girls, there were two major groups. One was of Ana, which visibly comprised talkative, calm, peacemaker girls like Jude. The other one was of Hayette, which was more rowdy and snarky girls. Yes, there were some exceptions in both their groups, but if we had to generalise them both, this is the way it'll go.

All the other girls were scattered around, some hanging out with guys and part of mixed groups, while some minding their own business. There are a select few who have managed to make their way into the seniors' groups, but they're really few.

During Lunch, Reece doesn't sit with me. He's sitting with his own group of friends that consists of Cammy, Adelyn, Dan, Parker, Sean and Jase. They do have a tight knit group - though each of them have many other friend circles as well. During my time here, I've come to realise that Reece is actually popular amongst the second years - probably the most popular boy alongside his closest friend Sean, and one of the most popular students of the year just like Lily.

Reece and Adelyn are also friends with Lily but I've never seen Cammy or the others interact with her. And while Adelyn is close to Asher's group as well, Reece has something against the whole group. Of course, he's never admitted it out loud, but there was something about his body language that changed whenever they were around. Same was with Sean, but neither of them ever stopped Adelyn to talk to them.

I snap back into reality when I feel a sudden nudge on my arm. I look towards the people I am sitting with today and they look back at me with a curious expression on their face. "What the hell are you thinking?" Rhea asks me with a hint of playfulness in her tone.

"She was staring," Kai replies, looking at me.

"More like daydreaming," Ryker adds.

Kai shrugs. "You could say that too."

"What were you looking at?" Rhea ignores the guys and asks me, holding my arm. "Do you have a crush? Because coming to think of it you are pretty close to many people here already so it wouldn't be surprising if you find someone attractive-"

"Shut up," I say to her. Turning towards her, a smirk forms on my own lips. "You tell me. Who do you like?"

Her cheeks grow red in an instant. Though it was just me teasing her because she teased me, I didn't know that she actually likes someone. It's interesting, though I doubt she'll tell me who she likes this early. We've only talked once after all.

"I don't like anyone," she says while taking a bite of her sandwich.

Ryker scoffs. "You're as red as a tomato. You do like someone."

"I'll kill you," she deadpans while Ryker just leans back.

"Empty threats," he says in a sing-song voice and ends up getting kicked by Rhea from under the table. He scoots away from the table, leaving his tray on there. "I'd rather not eat my food than get kicked like that."