SIXTEEN

❝The priceless galaxy of misinformation called the mind

❝The priceless galaxy of misinformation called the mind.❞

— Djuna Barnes

No matter what happens and no matter where, you always find a person who's easy to break

No matter what happens and no matter where, you always find a person who's easy to break. Right now, that person was Sam.

It wouldn't have had much effect, but I was sure that it would make Sam stop and think for a while. Sam was smart since he realised what I had done at that time but his only weakness was that he probably didn't think twice before doing things. I realised this after I saw his reaction - he wasn't a delinquent. He was a person who tried to use people by holding something against them. He wasn't as good at that, of course, which must've been the reason why he ended up getting a black eye.

Sighing, I sit on the empty area with seat walls. There's no one in this area right now since the club activities must be wrapping up. I take out my phone, seeing many notifications. On top of them was Zack's, which reminds me that I've been ignoring his calls all week. It did make me feel a little guilty but I can't bear to answer his questions right now.

I go through everything that has happened till now.

As far as I know, Asher has made his first move against me. He's done that since day one but he has no idea that I know. I'm in the process of making a move but unlike him, my move is not targeted towards a specific person.

"Didn't expect you to find you alone right now," I hear someone's voice from behind me. I realise that it belongs to Reece, who's standing a little far away from me. I tilt my head and meet his eyes, silently asking him why he is here at the moment.

"I didn't expect you to be here either but I guess life is full of disappointments." I look around. "Where's your side hoe?"

"Who?" he asks, sitting down.

"Cammy."

He laughs but there's a hint of nervousness there. "She, um, is not exactly in a great place right now."

I raise my eyebrows. "What happened?"

"You didn't hear about it?" His voice sounds genuinely surprised as if there's no way I wouldn't have heard about what had happened. Before I could say anything or ask about what the situation is, he just laughs and stops me before I even begin. "Guess you're not as inclined on rumours as I've heard this years' first years are."