FORTY ONE

I wake up to Jude poking my shoulder

I wake up to Jude poking my shoulder. I groan in frustration and turn to her in slight annoyance.

"You have a call," she says to me. "Calls, actually. Your phone has been going off every five minutes."

With a sigh, I reach for my phone and see that I have two missed calls from Mason, seven from Iris, one from Sam, and one from Zack. However, it's the last, the most recent call that catches me off guard. It's my dad whom I haven't talked to in months. I never thought he'd call me but he is, which means he probably wants something from me. I don't call him back.

Instead, I get up from bed and freshen myself up. Then, I consider giving Iris a call but think against it, realising that I would have to hear her whiny voice for minutes before she gets to the point. I call the only person who feels like would get to the point immediately without stretching the topic. I click on Mason's contact and he picks up quickly after three rings.

"You sure seemed like you were going to get a hangover," he says to me and I can hear the smile in his voice. "You drank more than I did."

I shrug. "I assume that's not what you called me for."

"I have heard about how impatient you are but I didn't know you were this impatient, Harley." I click my tongue in annoyance, rolling my eyes and he laughs. "Anyways. Iris has been bugging me a lot and says that she'll blame both of us if we don't plan on meeting her today. Normally it wouldn't bother me this much but she's called me thirteen times since this morning and sent me a hundred texts and it's getting so fucking annoying for me so do you mind meeting today at four in the studio? It's mostly booked today so we'll have to share it with someone but yeah there's no other option."

I let out a sigh, running a hand through my hair and closing my eyes. "Yeah. Whatever. I'll be there."

I cut the call and immediately text Sam because he doesn't call me often. In fact, he hasn't really talked to me much in like two weeks.

Harley: What's up?

He doesn't reply immediately. He's probably busy right now, I conclude. Just then, I get another notification from my phone and I'm annoyed as hell by everything already. It hasn't even been a fucking hour since I woke up. When I check it, I see that it's from Nate. A small sigh escapes my lips as I read his text from the notifications.

Nate: There's something I need you to do.

Harley: Is it related to our deal?

Nate: Yeah. Part of it. I need your help.

Harley: Shoot.

The typing symbol comes up on my screen at the exact moment my phone rings again. "For fuck's sake," I groan in frustration, making Jude throw me a glance and giggle at my situation. It may be funny to her but right now, I'm not in the mood to entertain her. I want to throw my phone out of the window.