THIRTY TWO

We're having another joint practice but unlike before, we aren't practicing the collective routine

We're having another joint practice but unlike before, we aren't practicing the collective routine. Today, we're allowed to practice for the Friday evaluation.

My group consists of Kai, Ryker and Rhea. They're all way better than my first group, and I feel sorry for the group which has Remi as a member. Even personality wise, our group is chill and isn't stressing out about the outcome. Putting it in Kai's words, we'll just get what we deserve and that there's no point in staying for extra hours to practice.

Rhea is a girl of about the same height as me, with rough and curly dark brown hair and sienna coloured skin. She seems like the kind of person who's sarcastic and acquaintances with everyone but has second to no close friends.

This is the first time we've met each other since Saturday, as Sunday was the day we decided that we didn't need to meet. Now, we're all in one corner of the main hall. I'm sitting against the mirrored wall, Kai's standing next to me, Ryker's drinking water while scrolling through his phone while Rhea is literally lying on the floor with her eyes closed.

"Hey," Ryker says, kicking Rhea, "Move it."

Rhea's eyes open and rest on Ryker. Her expression morphs into something like annoyance. "I'm resting my leg, jeez."

He rolls his eyes and kicks her again, making her roll away a bit. "You don't need to rest your leg anymore. It's alright."

"If you kick me again, I'll cut your leg off," she snaps at him. Ryker's lips tug upwards in a grin as he scoots forward and kicks her again and she attempts to get a hold on his foot but she couldn't and ends up pouting while he laughs. "Fuck off."

"You can't even light a fuckin' match and you're scared of knives. You're going to cut my legs off? Yeah, right."

"Shut up." She rolls her eyes.

Kai clears his throat and all of us look at him. "What was our topic again?"

"Skyline of Seoul," Rhea says with a yawn. "What kind of a topic is that?" She huffs, slowly sitting up and shifting backwards so that she can lean against the wall as well. Kai slumps down too, looking at everyone around the hall who's practicing.

"Isn't Seoul like the," Ryker pauses, his face showing that he's thinking about something, "Capital of Japan?"

I snort and so do the others and he looks at us. Looking at his expression makes me realise that he's actually not kidding. "Seoul is in South Korea," Kai laughs. "The Capital of Japan is Tokyo. You really that dumb?"

He rubs the back of his name and smiles sheepishly. "I was just kidding."

"Sure you were," Rhea says to him and he glares at her. In our whole group, Ryker and Rhea are the only people who've talked to each other before. Turns out, they had exchanged phone numbers the day of the first class where we did our entrance dances since they sat together. Though they only know each other for a little over a week, they act like they've been friends for a couple months now.