Chapter 5: I will protect this family

"Xiu'Er, did you have a nightmare?" Su LingYun was woken up from her sleep by Tang Xiu's miserable shriek and her heart tighten up as she saw that Tang Xiu was drench in perspiration. (TLN: Xiu'Er = Tang Xiu, just a Chinese way of calling their children or someone dear to them by adding an 'Er to their name)

The immense pain nearly caused Tang Xiu to lose consciousness and he spent an enormous amount of effort to gradually control his breathing. Seeing the nervous and concerned look from his mother, Tang Xiu hesitated a while before nodding lightly to acknowledge her conjecture.

Tang Xiu did not want to tell anyone about the matters regarding the Immortal World. An ordinary person will not have any trouble, but if they had hidden a treasure then trouble will befall upon them, so he did not want to be put in any danger.

Although Tang Xiu believed that his mother would not harm him, but he was afraid that the people who wishes to harm him would make use of his mother or cause disturbance to her tranquil life.

"You little rascal, still being dishonest when you're sleeping, look at the amount of perspiration you're having, it's making you smell bad. I will go fetch some warm water to wipe your body." Su LingYun monitored her son for a while before giving a light smile and left.

After checking that his mother had went off to someplace further away, Tang Xiu collapsed and inhaled a breath of cool air as he can't help but shriek miserably in pain again. However, his face was filled with delight.

"Tyrannical, its indeed tyrannical! The Supreme Art of Quintessential Space that came from the ancient era of the Immortal World which lacks heavenly energy actually retrieves energy from the sun, moon and stars for its own usage. Initially I lacked the qualification to cultivate this Art, but luckily I subconsciously cultivated the Supreme Art of Quintessential space when I was in a paralysed state after throwing up blood and fell unconscious. This barely fulfilled the requirements of the Supreme Art of Quintessential Space, giving me the qualification to cultivate it. Or else I would not have been able to cultivate this mysterious cultivation technique based on the mental state that I had when I'm awake and the frail body that I possessed! I'm truly in luck!"

Feeling a thread of star energy and also a weak but distinct life force coursing through his body, Tang Xiu was unable to contain his joy.

But in the next instance, the smile on Tang Xiu's face froze momentarily as he entered into a deep thought.

The anguishing pain from just now had left a deep lasting impression on Tang Xiu as the pain was similar to the one in the tribulation of the heart when undergoing the tribulation of divinity in the Immortal world – the Demonic Tribulation. Tang Xiu did not wished to experience this kind of pain anymore.

The only fatal weak point of this Art was that the cultivator must possess a substantially strong physique to withstand the abundance of energy from the universe.

The creator of the Supreme Art of Quintessential Space had emphasised time and again that if cultivators wished to cultivate the first stage of the Art, Transcendence of the Stars, they would have to prepare enough rare medicinal herbs, minerals, and also internal organs of ferocious beast like blood essence, tendons and many more to strengthen the body.

The cultivation of Transcendence of the Stars includes training of stamina, toughening of the skin, growing of muscles, strengthening of bones, strengthening of tendons, strengthening of organs, and improvement in blood circulation. It was created to emulate the body constitution of the demon race to resolve the issue on the disadvantage of having a weak body constitution for the god race. Every small part of the cultivation process requires different innumerable rare materials.