Chapter 601 - Chapter 610

Chapter 601: A Threshold to Enter

Beijing, Qianmen Subway Station Line 2.

With his hands stuffed in his pocket, Tang Xiu strolled in the crowd. He had slightly adjusted his appearance, thus no one would be able to recognize him unless the person was very familiar with him.

Continuous rows of stores with superb collection of goods and the endless streams of passengers made Tang Xiu secretly sigh at the improvement of people's living standards. He saw a lot of strange items after coming here and sometimes took the opportunity to buy a few pieces, all of which were for hobby and amusement.

He received several phone calls during his stroll since he didn't shut his mobile phone down. One was from Long Zhengyu asking him when he would return to Star City; one from Mu Wanying asking him about what happened at the Virus Research Institute today; and also a call from his aunt, Tang Min, asking him to visit her house for dinner tonight.

Ring, ring, ring... The ringtone of his phone sounded.

After taking out the mobile phone and seeing that it was Chu Yi, he immediately answered it and smilingly said, "I just so happened to be thinking what you have been up to recently, so I never expected for you to call me now. Anyways, what's up? It's still 3PM, do you want me to go over and have a meal now?"

"Nope, it's not that. I heard about what happened in the Virus Research Institute this morning, so I know you are in Beijing," said Chu Yi smilingly. "Anyways, where are you now? I wanna see you."

"At Qianmen Subway Station!" Tang Xiu laughed.

"Huh?" Chu Yi was puzzled. "What are you doing in Qianmen?"

"Nothing. I just feel bored," said Tang Xiu. "I only have a few friends in Beijing, so I was just strolling around since I had nothing to do."

"Wait for me there, I'll catch up with you," said Chu Yi quickly.

Half an hour later, Chu Yi appeared in front of Tang Xiu who had just hung up from a call with Tang Wei. With admiration on his smiling face, Chu Yi gave a him a thumbs up and praised, "You are really amazingly flamboyant, cousin. You just trashed and beaten up that devil incarnate of the capital, Zhao Yundi, until his head turned like a pig. The news of your actions is now flying everywhere! Your name has literally blasted into the ears of the social circles of young ladies and scions in the entire Beijing. Well, you can be considered to have a hot reputation and earned yourself a lot of fans!"

"Who could have such a big mouth to spread this matter out?" Asked Tang Xiu with a wry smile.

Chu Yi grinned, "No matter who the person was, you are now a hot, sexy chap on fire. And that bloke Zhao Yundi is now very miserable."

"Eh?" Tang Xiu stared blankly before asking with a puzzled expression, "What happened to him?"

Before replying, Chu Yi looked around and then whispered after finding that no one was paying them any attention, "After his father, Zhao Qingfeng, took him back home, that old man lashed him with a belt and would've probably beaten him until he was close to dying if his mother didn't stop him. Even so, he was sent to the Zhao Family's residence to be locked up in that small dark house of theirs. You see, the dark house of the Zhao Family is a very famous hellish place in the entire Beijing, a lot more famous compared to the usual confinement room in the army!"

"Hahaha." Tang Xiu couldn't help but burst into a laughter. "That bloke does indeed need to be taught up well, else letting him freely stir up troubles will only court disasters to the Zhao Family sooner or later. I just hope that this matter will straighten him up, and it'd best if he can be an upright person!"