Chapter 1221 - Chapter 1230

Chapter 1221: Apologizing

The revelation made Chen Xintao's face slightly changed as a prudent look appeared in his eyes. Then, he spoke in a deep tone, "We're in troubling times now. Even though the chance is unlikely, you had better call Haoran immediately and ask him if he's related to this incident."

Chen Shuo picked up his cell phone, but his call was hung up just as he dialed his son, Chen Haoran's phone.

"What happened?" asked Chen Xintao.

"He didn't pick up my call and just hung up," Chen Shuo replied with a forced smile.

Chen Xintao was about to reply when he suddenly noticed a figure coming from the outside. He then nodded. "You're back, Haoran. There's something I need to ask you."

Chen Haoran's lips twitched. He walked to the front of Chen Xintao, knelt down and bitterly said, "I may have made some big mistakes, Grandpa."

Chen Xintao and Chen Shuo exchanged glances and a bad feeling grew inside their hearts. Chen Xintao then asked in a deep voice, "Tell me, were you also involved in the incident when Su Xiaoguang offended Tang Xiu?"

Chen Haoran hesitated and then answered, "I think I've offended him as well, Grandpa."

BAM...

Although Chen Xintao was very old, his movement when he got up and moved was swift. He kicked Chen Haoran's chest and knocked him to the floor, shouting, "Tell me what the hell happened from the start. Do not miss a word!"

Chen Haoran's lips wriggled and he told the whole story. Then, he finally said bitterly, "It was just a small contradiction, but it was Su Xiaoguang who insulted Tang Xiu. I didn't say anything."

A cold light flashed in Chen Xintao's eyes. After a few minutes of contemplation, he lit a cigarette, took a deep breath and then said, "Shuo'er, withdraw the funds of our family and transfer some money to a bank card. Then bring Haoran to House Tang's residence to apologize."

Chen Shuo hesitated. "But... how much I should prepare, Father?"

Chen Xintao pinched down the cigarette impatiently and paced back and forth a few times. Then, he shook his head and said, "Forget it! I'll go to House Tang myself. Prepare 1 billion yuan and 2 billion more as a reserve fund. The Tangs used a method to kill a chicken to warn the monkeys, and they aimed their butcher knife to the Sus this time. But our family must not take this incident lightly, so we must move fast to apologize. It's best to make it known to others that our family is bowing our heads to House Tang."

"I'll do it right away. The money will be prepared in 10 minutes." Chen Shu strode out of the door and disappeared from Chen Xintao's and Chen Haoran's sights.

Chen Xintao took a deep breath and then looked at his pale grandson, asking him indifferently, "What lesson did you take from this incident?"

"I understand the truth that I must never be fooled by false impression and that I must never easily provoke anyone," answered Chen Haoran bitterly.

Finally, a look of relief appeared on Chen Xintao's face and he nodded. "Take this incident as a good lesson! It's better to spend money to avoid disasters than forever remain ignorant of how deep the world is. Keep in mind that there are always unusual variables behind every strange incident. House Tang left only Tang Yunpeng and Tang Xiu, whereas the rest of them have disappeared, but that doesn't mean they have fallen already. If my guess is correct, they must have a big plan on the motion."

"What big plan could it be, Grandpa?" asked Chen Haoran.

"Who do I ask even if you ask me?" Chen Xintao shook his head. "I can tell some people with quite the background all over China are also pondering about this matter as well."