Chapter 971 - Chapter 980

Chapter 971: The Surviving Members Of The Yao Family

A faint smell of tea filled the study as everyone engaged in small talk before Tang Xiu then raised up a more serious issue, "Uncle Song, you've been monitored by the Darkwind organization, and some of their eyes are currently set on Tom Reggie as well. I'm sure that this organization has found out about our previous private meeting."

Song Guanghui's expression changed to have a bit of dread on his face, saying, "The Darkwind, as in the largest intelligence agency in the world that can infiltrate and spy any entity's movements all over the world? But why are their eyes set on us?"

"My guess is because of you and Tom's identity, Uncle." Tang Xiu said, "The Darkwind organization's people have never investigated common folk. You're the second-in-command figure in Saipan, while Tom can be regarded as weilding a recognizable power aside from his identity as the confidant of the number one figure here. The meeting between you both will naturally attract their attention."

"Could it be that geezer Karst found some clues about us because he hired the intelligence personnel of the Darkwind organization to investigate it?" asked Song Guanghui with worry on his face.

"I don't rule out this possibility, though the chance is slim," said Tang Xiu. "I've decided to visit the Darkwind organization branch to confirm this issue. Also, please don't have any meeting with Tom for the time being, Uncle. You can continue doing so after I root out the spies the Darkwind organization planted in Saipan. Also, make a plan to get rid of Karst as soon as possible so you can take over his position as the most powerful man here. It'll be easier to manage things here later."

After all was said and done, Tang Xiu himself had another idea in mind this whole time. It was due to Saipan's location, a location which made it the closest land to Nine Dragons Island. It could be said that Saipan was a gateway to his island, so Nine Dragons Island's secret in the future could be safely contained if Saipan was under the control of the people under him. Therefore, it was necessary to push Song Guanghui to the top position of leadership in Saipan. He was ready to take on those who could be in the way to stop it.

"I'll work it out with Tom for the operation," said Song Guanghui. "Since it's decided that we'll get rid of Karst, then the best course is doing it without causing suspicion."

"It's a forged accident, then," said Tang Xiu. "I can assign my men to carry it out if you're constrained. They can get the job done perfectly. But the following work can only be carried out by yourself."

"It's fine. But be careful on your part," replied Song Guanghui.

As dusk came, and after Tang Xiu left Jinla Mansion, Jin Shi, who had been staying hidden, appeared from a dark corner and quickly came to Tang Xiu's front.

"Everything's done?" inquired Tang Xiu.

"There were three of them, but we've dealt with them," nodded Jin Shi.

"Since you've dealt with them, then let's head straight to the Darkwind branch here," said Tang Xiu. "Keep in mind to not let any of them escape, as it would expose us and bring out unnecessary troubles later."

"Copy that!" said Jin Shi respectfully.

The Darkwind organization had been one of the concerns Tang Xiu had in mind. This power was the world's largest intelligence agency with a terrifying number of intelligence personnel, at least a million, and possibly even more. It was unknown how many terrifying powerful characters were among them.

He naturally held no fear against the Darkwind organization with the current force possessed by the Everlasting Feast Hall. He believed that he could eliminate most of the top dogs of this organization should he raid their headquarters. But still, weeding out the grass was nearly impossible without culling out its root. He must be prepared to have crazy retaliation from this organization in the future should he fail to completely eradicate this agency. While he didn't fear them, his friends and family would be dragged into the swamp and experience dangers.