Chapter 1171 - Chapter 1180

Chapter 1171: A Trial

"You're not qualified to know who my Master is." Tang An replied indifferently while still kneeling. "All you need to know is that you must stay here and wait for the Grand Master's arrangement. I'll take you to see my Master if he doesn't want to pick up a sweet hot potato like you."

Incredulity filled the Saintess' face. "Your Grand Master... don't tell me it's Tang Xiu?"

"Upstairs!"

Standing by the windows on the second floor, Tang Xiu spoke with a tone full of indifference.

Joyous Palace Saintess looked up at his indifferent expression and then glanced at Mo Awu's group in the courtyard. She hesitated for a while but then finally decided to go upstairs.

"What do you want?"

"You must stay here from this moment on and wait for the arrival of the Buddhist Sect," Tang Xiu said indifferently. "I hope you can stay honest and follow them if they're willing to bring you back to China, but you can expect that I'll spare your life if they're not willing."

"I must return to the Joyous Palace." The Saintess retorted with a slightly indignant tone.

"Can you still go back, huh?" asked Tang Xiu.

She fell into silence. She knew that Tang Xiu was right. Could she still be able to go back? It was Tang An who rescued her when she ran away. Outsiders may not be aware of Tang Xiu's identity, but Ki Kitagawa knew it clearly. Once that man spread the news that she was related to some Chinese cultivators, it was very likely that the over suspicious Palace Master would hold some bad intentions towards her.

What should I do? Must I stay here and be at their mercy? But where can I go?

Once the victor of the battle between the Joyous Palace and Japan's authority was determined, it was likely that she would be their first target. Unless she could escape from Japan as quickly as possible, she would be captured by either the Joyous Palace or this Japanese agency.

For a time, she fell in a dilemma.

Tang Xiu turned around again and headed to the sofa in the room. After taking a seat, he added, "I'm sure you're already aware of what kind of fate you'll be facing. The Joyous Palace Master sees you as nothing but a furnace, and when the time is ripe, he'll use you and send you to your death. I always held the belief that everyone must hold their own destiny in their hands. Hence, you gotta choose and think well on the road ahead of you."

Having said that, his fingers moved and Kuwako quickly appeared in front of him.

While pointing to Kuwako, Tang Xiu indifferently said, "If I'm not mistaken, you should know her too, right?"

The Saintess shot a deep look at Kuwako and silently nodded. Then, she said, "The new Matriarch of House Yamamoto, and the young Master of the Northstar One Blade School. Had it not been for the Palace Master's command, Kuwako Yamamoto would have been the Northstar One Blade's Schoolmaster already."

"That's all correct, but did you know her 2 years ago?" asked Tang Xiu.

"No." Gong Wan'er shook her head.

"She was a nobody, but in less than 2 years, she has now become the Head of House Yamamoto and the future Schoolmaster of Northstar One Blade style," said Tang Xiu with a light smile. "Why do you think she can do these feats while also having her present strength?"

"It was all your merits," Gong Wan'er replied.

"True. Kuwako was willing to follow me then, so I naturally bestowed her the strength she needed to be a hegemon here. I've never been a miser when it comes to my subordinates. Do you... understand what I mean?"