Chapter 1401 - Chapter 1410

Chapter 1401: Chaos of War

Supreme Purgatory replied with a bitter smile on his face, "There was a patron with immense wealth and a hot temper. In a few short years, he secretly arranged for people to buy large numbers of my gladiators. He even bought ten of my Perfected Golden Immortal Stage deathmatch gladiators!

"Sigh."

Tang Xiu was shocked. He couldn't even hold his breath in. In a few years, this person was able to buy ten Perfected Golden Immortal Stage cultivators! Even in his prime, not even Tang Xiu was financially capable enough to do this!

Tang Xiu stared straight at Supreme Purgatory and asked, "Where is this person from?"

Supreme Purgatory replied, "Is the Great Tang Heavenly Emperor aware of the Missing Star Empire in the Heavenly Phoenix Immortal Domain?"

Tang Xiu nodded his head and replied, "I've heard of it from a few hundred years ago. There was a ruthless Perfected Golden Immortal Stage cultivator who managed to quickly establish a small state known as the Missing Star Empire. However, this state was not a mortal empire but an empire of immortal cultivators. The ruler of this empire is called the Missing Star Venerable. I have heard of them, but I don't know much about them."

Supreme Purgatory then replied, "Yes. The first empress of this Missing Star Empire was once the focus of many powerhouses, just like your Great Tang Empire. She had also caused great disturbances across the whole Immortal World. However, the person who would know most about her would be me."

Tang Xiu was surprised. He asked, "What do you mean?"

Supreme Purgatory replied, "This is because this Missing Star Venerable is the same person who bought our Perfected Golden Immortal Stage powerhouses. There were sixty of them. This person ended buying nearly half of all our Perfected Golden Immortal Stage cultivators. In terms of Golden Immortal Stage cultivators, they bought six hundred of them."

"How wealthy!"

Tang Xiu couldn't hold in his disbelief.

Supreme Purgatory continued, "Indeed. They are extremely wealthy. This Missing Star Venerable is extremely capable. After becoming the empress of the Missing Star Empire, their actions became quite unconventional. With a large pool of resources and wealth, they were also able to constantly hire soldiers and mercenaries into their ranks, expanding and strengthening their forces rapidly. The Missing Star Empire of today is the result of that growth. They are no longer the little state that resided in the Heavenly Phoenix Immortal Domain. The Missing Star Empire has now conquered six immortal domains with countless Immortal soldiers and generals in their ranks. There are now even five Supremes standing with the Missing Star Venerable. Unfortunately..."

Tang Xiu suddenly became alert. This was because he realized that the style of expansion and growth was remarkably similar to his own Great Tang Empire. Furthermore, the inclusion of Supremacy Stage powerhouses within the ranks also exceeded some of the dominant forces in the Immortal World.

"What's unfortunate?"

Tang Xiu asked.

Supreme Purgatory sighed and replied, "Unfortunately, this Missing Star Empire was met with great trouble recently. They came in conflict with the Hundred Poisons Sect. Around four years ago, the Hundred Poisons Sect and Missing Star Empire were in conflict. The Hundred Poisons Sect's people were extremely ruthless. They used poison to decimate many of Missing Star Empire's cities and killed hundreds of millions of Missing Star Empire's citizens. As a result of this, both forces are in a large-scale battle and have already massacred countless people from both sides. This battle continues to this day, and both sides have already suffered great losses."