Chapter 341 - Chapter 350

Chapter 341: A Belle Visits

It was unexpected for Tang Xiu that Han Qingwu would get excited over such a little thing. But still, he nodded and said, "I'm friends with him! When I went to Tianjin City before I met him there and hang out together a bit."

"Just because you you know him a little you think you can ask for a leave? Vice Dean Le is an old school person to my knowledge; someone very difficult to speak to." An incredulous expression hung on Han Qingwu's face. She evidently knew a little about Le Baiyi. Moreover, she shouldn't be on good terms with him.

"You're also familiar with him?" Asked Tang Xiu.

"I'd rather not. My transfer to Shanghai University was very smooth originally. But he... actually..." said Han Qingwu.

Seeing Han Qingwu stopping her explanation, Tang Xiu immediately revealed a slight smile as he asked, "What did he do?"

"Let's not to talk about this topic anymore." Han Qingwu shook her head and continued, "If anything, you must find a good excuse when asking him for leave. I can help you ask the other leaders in the department. However, as far as I know, the teachers and professors in our department have no rights to decide whether a new student can ask for a leave of absence during military training."

"Why?" asked Tang Xiu in a puzzled expression, surprised.

"The current military training subject is different from the past. In particular, regular military training in university is very strict. Generally speaking, for students who are used to fake excuses for leave of absence, they must participate in the military training, unless they are really sick or not fit to participate."

Tang Xiu was silence for a moment, before he slowly said, "I'll still try it! If I can get it then it would for the best, but if not, then I'll attend the military training."

"OK!" Han Qingwu nodded and then asked, "Then what are you gonna do next? Are you going back to the classroom? Or..."

"Are we still going to have class today?" asked Tang Xiu.

"For the time being, no." Han Qingwu shook her hand and replied.

"If so, then I'll go first. I'm going to the campus library to borrow some books. That's right. Is it possible for me to borrow books from the campus library now?"

"It should be," said Han Qingwu with a smile.

Tang Xiu then stood up as he beckoned and said, "Then I'll go the library. You can go busy yourself!"

Twenty minutes later, when Tang Xiu arrived at the library, he was rendered speechless. Shanghai University's library was very large; it was at least a dozen times larger than Star City First High School's. Just merely walking from the main classroom building to the library, it took him twenty minutes. Nevertheless, it was after he took the unnecessary long way and asked directions.

At this time, a few students were going in and coming out of the library's entrance. The site itself was rather deserted compared to other places. When he went inside, he was immediately shocked upon seeing rows upon rows of bookshelves lined with books inside a spacious hall.

"Hi, I'm this year's freshman. I want to borrow a few books."

Tang Xiu went to the work area where several staffs were located and spoke to one of the middle-aged women.

"I'm sorry, new students are not yet able to borrow books from the library," said the middle-aged woman with a smile, "Although you already have your university card, but you have yet to apply for a library card. If you plan to borrow books frequently, you need to submit your ID card as well as other information. Then we'll handle your library card application."