Chapter 881 - Chapter 890

Chapter 881 - A Wisp of Hope

While looking at Chen Jianshe's simple and honest face which now appeared slightly unsettled, Hao Lei soothingly said, "Don't worry Mr. Chen. If the jade ox you brought is one of the zodiac jade carvings we're looking for, we won't take a penny from the 100 million US dollars."

"Good, good. We'll listen to you then."

Chen Jianshe's emotions were finally stabilized and he exhaled a relieved sigh as he walked back after greeting Hao Lei. Just as his bottom sat on the sofa, however, he abruptly bounced up flustered and spoke, "I-I'm sorry. I'm really sorry... M-my clothes are too dirty. I can't sit and make your sofa dirty. I-I'm fine sitting on the stool."

With that said, he went a few steps to the edge of the sofa, opened the campstool and sat directly.

While looking at his actions, Hao Lei was at a loss whether to laugh or cry. Just as she was about to speak, she suddenly noticed Tang Xiu outside the door. She immediately headed out to greet him and said, "This is the jade ox, Boss."

Tang Xiu received it and shot a deep look at Chen Jianshe before he observed the jade ox. After his appraisal, he verified that this jade ox was indeed one of the twelve zodiac jade carvings—genuine.

"Hold this, Hao Lei."

After Tang Xiu handed the jade ox to Hao Lei, he walked to Chen Jianshe's front and said, "You're Uncle Chen Jianshe if my guess is correct, right? I'm Tang Xiu, the buyer of this zodiac jade carving. I've just appraised it and what you brought is indeed the object I need. It's still early in the morning, however, and transferring the money via online banking must wait until daytime."

"I know you. You're that amazing divine doctor!" said Chen Jianshe excitedly. "You... do you really want to buy it?"

"I do. It's been said and decided," said Tang Xiu smilingly.

Chen Jianshe excitedly said, "Tang... Divine Doctor Tang, 100 million US dollars is too much. You can just give us however much you think enough is fine for us, as long as my son can buy a house and get married and my daughter can finish college."

"I can't, Uncle Chen. I, Tang Xiu, is one who always keeps his word." Tang Xiu shook his head and said, "The promise is 100 million US dollars and absolutely not a penny less must be paid. Let's do it this way, then. You can give me the jade ox first and I'll tell someone to transfer 690 million yuan to your account later. You'll also get some cash for the odds."

"But I don't have a bank account! I only have a checkbook," said Chen Jianshe with some worries while scratching his head.

Chen Jianwei at the side pulled him and whispered, "Jianshe Brother, the account number is on the checkbook, you know!"

Tang Xiu produced a wee smile. Then, he asked about the two brothers' bumpy trip today and exchanged pleasantries. They were hungry, so he accompanied them to dine and drink some wine. After that, he personally sent them to the luxury VIP room. Before he left, Tang Xiu ordered someone to measure their bodies to prepare two sets of clothes for each of them according to their measurements.

Inside the luxury VIP room.

Chen Jiawei stepped on the soft carpet and looked up at the crystal lamps that illuminated soft light. He sighed a few times and then went to the bedroom, observed the bathroom, and eventually came to a small balcony. His vision had blurred after seeing too many dazzling things. He then went back to the living room and saw Chen Jianshe sitting on the sofa in silence as he said excitedly, "Brother Jianshe, going with you this time is truly great. The luxury, the grandeur style—everything is just like having a dream in paradise. I really never thought that I could live in this luxurious room all my life."