Chapter 421 - Chapter 430

Chapter 421: Like Father, Like Son

Guilt flashed in Tang Yunde's eyes. He then nodded and said, "I know that you and your mother have suffered quite a lot during those years. Even though our situation is getting better each passing day, she doesn't slow down for fear that those bitter days will yet come again if she doesn't save some money."

Tang Xiu nodded and suddenly said, "Dad, have you considered about the matter we talked about before? What are you going to do now?"

"I've been thinking about several projects recently, but I haven't decided yet." Tang Yunde said.

"What projects?"

"One of them is a hotel business. With Shuangqing Province's economic level getting higher and the more convenient transportation means to other provinces in China, I realized that I can do a hotel business. Only, it would be difficult to start in a large-scale. Another one is real estate business. Although there are many real estate developers in the country, the housing problem is still the top priority given the increasing population. Additionally, there's also the goods distribution business, where online shopping is very prosperous nowadays. Retail business is also quite significant."

After pondering for a while, Tang Xiu suddenly said, "Dad, I think I'll also set up a hotel business. But I think investing large-scale straightaway in this business field in Shuangqing province is not necessarily good. You might as well take a closer look at some cities with highly developed tourism aspect, such as coastal cities..."

Tang Yunde's eyes lit up as he patted his thigh and said, "You're right, sonny. With the improving standard of life and the booming tourism industry, establishing hotels near scenic areas is certainly good. Anyhow, what about the other two options? What do you think?"

"I think you can forget about going into real estate business." Tang Xiu said, "There are many construction companies all over the country nowadays, and quite formidable ones as well, whether it is in a big city or some remote area. Competing with them will not be easy. The retail industry, however, is still feasible. But I need to know how big you want it to be."

"I can come up with two billion." Tang Yunde said.

Pondering for a while, Tang Xiu then let out a smile and said, "Let's set up a hotel business first, and then invest in the retail business. There are only a few large retail companies in the country. So, if you can set up a large retail company, and we can open all sort of logistic channels, we can perhaps get huge profits from it."

"What do you think about cooperating with others?" Tang Yunde asked.

"With whom?" Tang Xiu asked back.

"With a large logistic company, like injecting some funds and becoming shareholders." Tang Yunde said.

After thinking for a while, Tang Xiu then shook his head and said, "It's not feasible in my opinion. The large logistic companies must already have thorough logistic channels, and are also well-known. However big our funds are, it won't be easy to compete against them. I think it may be best if we take over a small logistics company, and then invest large funds to start expanding broader logistics channels, spreading the distribution network to every part of the country, thus making our own complete channel network. On the one hand, we can ensure the security of the logistic route; and on the other hand, we can also guarantee the distribution speed. By the way, I've also bought several airplanes, so if you really want to do logistic business, I can give them to you after the reconstruction in Nine Dragons Island has been completed."

"Really?" Tang Yunde's eyes lit up and asked in astonishment.

"Surely you don't think I'm joking?" Tang Xiu said with a smile.