Chapter 1211 - Chapter 1220

Chapter 1211: Seizing Someone's Life Back

"No, she didn't accidentally cut her wrist but rather did it on purpose to feed her own blood essence to her mother." Tang Xiu shook his head. "Otherwise, given the speed of her treatment, it would have taken several months for her mother to recover."

"What did you say?"

Hu Shaokun's hand trembled and he nearly drove the car to the roadside. After calming himself down, he hurriedly asked, "But why would she do that? Isn't she... doesn't she know she's gonna die doing that?"

"I know that she's very filial to her mother, but she did it in the wrong way." Tang Xiu forced a smile. "Feeding her mother with her own blood essence can indeed make her mother recover faster, but it's harmful to herself and even greatly reduces her lifespan. Given her current condition, I'm afraid she only has a month left. There's a chance that she only has 10 or 15 days left if she is not treated in time. Her mother may have recovered at this time, but it would only be temporary and she can't live long after Li Cai dies."

Hu Shaokun didn't understand the reason, but Tang Xiu's explanation was clear to him that Li Cai had fed her mother with her blood essence. She wanted her mother to recover fast, yet what she did was harmful to herself and once she died, Auntie Zhuang also wouldn't die a natural death.

"What a silly girl." Hu Shaokun spoke with a regretful and self-blaming tone.

"She's a silly girl indeed. Even though I've seen countless girls who were filial like her, one like her is very rare." Tang Xiu nodded. "Anyways, care to answer me a question?"

After stabilizing his emotions, Hu Shaokun replied, "Tang Xiu, no... Divine Doctor Tang, I was quite restless before, so please forgive me for addressing you with your name directly. Please ask me anything, I'll answer it as long as it is within my knowledge."

Tang Xiu didn't bother about how he addressed him and asked, "I just want to know something. Do you treat Li Cai as your sister or have you secretly fallen for her?"

"About this..."

Hu Shaokun hesitated and countless thoughts filled his mind. He delayed his answer and drove the car for several kilometers before he finally let out a forced smile and said, "I won't hide anything from you, Divine Doctor Tang. I might have seen her purely as my little sister in the past, but after we went through so many things, only then did I realize that I like her. Her strength, kindness, filial piety, pureness..."

"If so, are you willing to give up your life for her?" asked Tang Xiu again. "Please answer truthfully. How long she can live in the future will depend on your answer."

Hu Shaokun was shaken inwardly and categorically replied, "If she can live on, I'm willing to pay the price with my life."

"If so, then prepare yourself mentally." Tang Xiu said, "I may be able to alleviate the danger to her life, but it'll be at the exchange with your lifespan for her treatment."

Having said that, Tang Xiu turned to look outside through the car's windows. His handsome face wore a slightly annoyed expression when he muttered to himself in a low voice, "Crap! Grabbing a life from the King of Hell will weaken me for at least half a month."

Hu Shaokun keenly heard Tang Xiu's mutterings and a complicated expression appeared on his face. He had been wary of Tang Xiu before due to his official identity, his magical and mysterious medical skills, his identity as the owner of Magnificent Tang Corporation, and his status as a scion of Beijing's House Tang.

But now, all his wariness towards him vanished. He could tell that Tang Xiu had no other thoughts and was purely moved by Li Cai, so he went to all lengths to help her and Auntie Zhuang out.