Chapter 1131 - Chapter 1140

Chapter 1131: The Most Valuable Treasure

As the lights in the hall went out, soft lighting was turned on in the room and only the auction platform had better lighting. Ouyang Lulu then whispered, "The auction is about to begin."

As expected, the guests who came to attend the auction at this time had reached more than 200 people, and most of the seats in the hall had been occupied. The entrance door to the venue was slowly closed and the host of the action, a young man wearing white gloves, came to the stage with a beaming face.

"Welcome to the Blue Starfish Mansion, Ladies & Gentlemen. I'm grateful to the owner of Blue Starfish Mansion, Mr. Hu Shaokun, who has provided us the auction site. My name is Cheng Huan and I'm the auctioneer of this auction."

Up to this point, he paused for a moment and then pointed to the projector screen that had just been activated. He continued speaking with a smile, "This is the list of items that will be auctioned at today's auction. I believe that all the respectable guests in the hall have heard about some of the items in advance. Maybe there are some treasures you like among them, so without further ado, I hereby announce. The auction starts now!

"The first article to be auctioned is a painting collected by a renowned master collector..."

As the auction's proceedings carried on, the first article didn't interest Tang Xiu since he was also a painter himself. He could have put his own masterpiece to be auctioned and fetch a sky-high price for it if he wanted to.

The second article was a set of Yixing clay teapots which used to be the Royal Purple Teapot of the Imperial Palace, so it also fetched quite an extraordinary price.

Items were auctioned out as the auction moved on. Tang Xiu found that many guests participated in the biddings, but there was no malice involved. Further, the price of each auctioned article could be said to be quite low, with the lowest worth only at 5 million.

"Ji Mu, did you ask the number of articles being auctioned this time?" Tang Xiu asked.

"A total of 32 items, I think," answered Ji Mu. "I only heard some info about a few of them, though. I got no idea about the rest."

Tang Xiu nodded in response and shifted his focus back to the auctioneer.

Ten past eight. The guiding girl in cheongsam stepped onto the stage and the auctioneer spoke again with a smile, "The next article is a very interesting object, Ladies & Gentlemen. It has been appraised by more than ten treasure expert appraisers, yet none of them has been able to identify what kind of object this one is. The only thing certain is that this object should have quite a number of years behind it. But without further ado, let us have a look at the projection screen!"

A clear picture shot by the projector was displayed on the screen, the guiding lady then lifted the yellow silk cover on top of the item, revealing an antique wooden box to the audience and making way to the appearance of a crystal-clear pearl inside it.

Isn't that...

Surprise flashed in Tang Xiu's eyes, and he instantly released his spiritual sense to quickly cover that crystal pearl. The longer he observed, the more evident his shock was.

A Dragon Pearl?

His eyes fixedly stared at the Dragon Pearl in the guiding lady's hand while feeling shocked inside. He could clearly sense the enormous energy contained within that pearl. This Dragon Pearl surely didn't originate from some ordinary dragon, but very likely from an ancient dragon!

But then... how could a Dragon Pearl from an ancient dragon appear on Earth?

Back when in the Immortal World, he also got his hands on such a similar pearl, but the price he had to pay to get it had been enormous. Further, the enormous essence energy contained within that Dragon Pearl was the very reason that made him able to break through the final shackle to become a Supreme.