chapter 18

(m/n) POV

After the incident at Horror's flower garden now he is getting used to me and sometimes the two of us hang out together to plant flowers.

sometimes cross also participates in planting flowers with the excuse of being bored but I know if it's just a lie, I don't know the reason why he is lying.

cross once asked me about the training I asked for at that time and I replied I had to fail it because I forgot that I still can't use magic.

now I'm in the library reading a book about mate and the marks that I've read before, I'm still curious why in the book there is no way to remove the marks.

i just found out if monster skeletons give marks to someone they care about and if they are in danger or kidnapped they can find out where they are, i who read that feel hopeless.

" means i cant escape from nightmare if i still have these marks ." I thought a little disappointed.

I then heard the sound of the door from the library opening which made me look at the door and saw Cross who looked annoyed with something, then he walked towards me and sat beside me making me look at him confused.

"what's wrong cross?" I asked.

cross just stayed silent still looking annoyed then his eyes looked at me a little gently "( m/n) ...is it true that you have been given a mark?" asked cross back to me.

I widened my eyes in surprise when I heard cross's question "Y-you know from who!?" I said nervously.

then i saw his face which became sad "so it's true you... have been marked." said cross disappointedly.

I'm worried about cross looking sad "your cross... are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

" no!!" said cross who slightly raised his voice making me surprised.

He then immediately apologized "I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell at you... I just... just..." He then stopped his speech.

" just what?" I asked a little slowly.

I heard him mumbling something but I didn't quite hear what he was saying "what are you saying?" I said.

"I'm just... just... just feeling jealous." he replied with a slight blush on his cheekbones.

I was speechless with wide eyes " is he... jealous? Cross is jealous because I've been marked by someone!?" I thought surprised.

"But why is he jealous?" I thought confused.

"Isn't that obvious? If he likes you too like a nightmare?" say (n/n).

"...there's no way he likes me that much (n/n), he might be jealous that his friend has been taken." I thought trying to hold back the words (n/n).

"no (m/n)... what (n/n) said is true he likes you, don't you realize it? cross always feels comfortable when he is near you, always follows your ability to go and always helps you," said exchange.

"Sounds like a stalker if that's the case." I thought sweatdrop.

then suddenly I was pushed from the library chair making me fall "oww cross what are you doing-" I immediately stopped my words.

I saw the cross above me while I was below it, I felt my heart pounding with a blush on my cheeks "hey what were you doing just now and why are you on top of me!?" I said nervously.

cross just looked at me with his eyes so serious then he smirked making me feel deja vu, as soon as cross approached my face it made me want to turn my face away but his hand blocked me.