40. right person

040

040

It was only a seventeen-minute wait in order for Jungkook's dye to set in. Since he had dyed his hair before, the color took a bit longer to latch on his strands, but it still meshed in with his hair.

When it came to rinsing his hair out, they used the separate tub, laying his neck on the rim of the fiberglass.

Turning the faucet on, she kept it at a cooler temperature.

Though she had no idea what she was doing, she figured heat or anything too hot wouldn't be good for settling dye.

It made sense to her, so she went with it.

She placed the clean coffee pot under the running water, snorting. "I can't believe you have like a million-dollar apartment, and here I am rinsing your hair out with a coffee pot."

"It's all I have that would work effectively." Jungkook stared up at the smooth painted ceiling, a smile pulling at his lips. "It has a beak, so it'll be easier to pour without getting water everywhere."

Devora went to her knees, sitting beside Jungkook's leaning body.

Pouring the water over his head with her right hand, she used the left to rake through his hair.

"Is it too cold?" She asked, watching his eyes close.

He shook his head, keeping his hands above his lap. His eyes fluttered, relaxed by the free massage he was getting with her combing fingers.

The water was dyed a turquoise blue, running out of his hair as it washed away the leftover dye. Pelting on the white acrylic floor, leaving specs of blue on the tiles as her fingers worked through his hair and scalp.

Jungkook fought to keep his eyes open, his eyelids suddenly became heavy, as if he didn't get enough sleep that night and was in need of a nap.

His shoulders slumped, releasing the tension that hooked on his body. Melting in Devora's touch like he was butter.

There was a cool liquid in her hands, cleansing his hair with the natural coconut shampoo he had.

This time soaking the suds out of his hair with the coffee pot, pouring it from his hairline, and onto the hair strands that hung over the tub like a curtain.

The cool water mixed in with her now wet cold hands sent shivers down his spine, rolling his shoulders to brush off that sensation that slithered to his legs.

"I'm sorry, I'll make it warmer." Devora broke the comforting silence, speaking over the noisy water.

Turning the knob a little to the right to turn the heat up just a bit, filling up the pot to the rim and carefully pouring it over his wet drenched strands.

His eyes slightly opened, turning his head a little to watch Devora.

She looked focused, her jaw clenched pensively, putting some thinking into washing hair.