14.

Savannah stood in front of me with her mouth ajar. I just finished telling her all the details about what happened with Blue and me last night.

"I knew it." She finally spoke up, her head shaking and her lips slightly smiling. "You sounded so weird on the phone, and so did he." 

I hid my face in my hands. "I don't know what I was thinking." 

"You so love him, Frankie." She laughed.

"No, I don't Savannah, it was a moment of weakness. It'll never happen again."

"What do you mean? That's it?!" She slammed her palms down on the counter.

"No, what do YOU mean?" I emphasized you. 

"You and Blue aren't done; this is just the beginning." Her eyes glared into mine.

"No, it's not savannah. There is no beginning with Blue and me. We made out and got a tad sexual. and that was it." I stared back at her.

"Frankie, you're such a dick." She shook her head.

"What the fuck, Sav?" I shot up from my seat.

"Don't get me started. You know Blue is in love with you, and you're going to toy with his emotions like that because you can't figure yourself out?" Savannah shot at me. 

Woah 

"You're being kinda hurtful, Sav. Arent, you suppose to be on my side? You're my best friend!" I crossed my arms.

"F, I'm always on your side, but this isn't fair to Blue. Especially since I told you he has feelings for you." Her tone changed. 

"I don't know what happened; ever since you told me about that, I haven't been able to look at him the same." I sighed. "I don't know what I'm going to do when I see him next; I sprinted out of his place without saying goodbye." 

"Can you admit you have feelings for him? I see the way you two have always interacted with each other, and you're suppressing them in fear of getting hurt again." Savannah put her hand on my shoulder to lower me back on the couch. 

"I don't, Savannah, I don't." I shook my head.

Savannah sighed. "I'm so going to hear this from him later." 

We sat in silence for a little. I haven't had the guts to look at my phone since I left Blue's. I just wandered straight to Savannah in hopes she'd be home. I didn't want to see a missed call or text from him. I wasn't sure if I'd answer him right now.

Savannah and I talked for a bit longer, and then I decided to head home. I walked down the crowded streets and felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I hesitated for a second but decided to look anyway. 

Mom

 Hi hun! Your father and I are in the Maldives. So wish you could be here. Xoxo.

I shook my head and sighed. "So wish you could be here," I mumbled. I didn't look at any of my previous notifications before I shoved my phone back in my pocket; her text didn't deserve my response. 

I finally arrived at my place and immediately took a shower. 

I let the hot water hit my back, my head pounded from overthinking and lack of sleep. I finished my shower, did my skincare routine, and brushed through my hair. I changed into comfy clothes and headed to the kitchen to grab a water bottle. 

I noticed from some things in the kitchen shuffled around that my parents must've been here. They always did this when I wasn't home. I swore they had a tracker on me so they could avoid these awkward interactions. 

I took a big swig from my water bottle and then drug my feet to my room. I flopped onto my bed, crawled under the comforter, and lifted it to my nose. I closed my eyes and instantly fell asleep. 

I awoke sometime later to my body aching. I rolled over and searched for my phone with my eyes still closed. I finally felt it and pulled it close to my face that was still covered by blankets. I turned the brightness down as it stung my eyes. My phone opened from face id, and I looked at the apps with unopened notifications. 

I decided to avoid my texts and head to Snapchat. I scrolled for a little and responded to some of my friends. I noticed I had a friend request from Layla; I accepted and closed out the app. I finally mustered up the courage to open my messages.

I had two texts from Savannah and one from Layla. I sighed with relief, realizing Blue never contacted me. I really did try to avoid confrontation and awkwardness at all costs. He must've not thought anything about me leaving. Right, when I was about to lock my phone, a notification dropped down.

Blue

Hey, can we talk?